Paudin Professional Damascus Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
Last updated date: August 11, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Paudin Knives and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Paudin Knife you should buy.
Editor's Note August 11, 2020:
Checkout The Best Paudin Knives for a detailed review of all the top paudin knives.
If you're looking for an all-purpose knife for your kitchen, this knife is it, providing reliable cutting for a wide variety of meats and vegetables. The blade is made from Damascus steel with a total of 67 layers to provide sharpness cut after cut. The lightweight handle is comfortable while also being durable, thanks to three rivets holding it together.
In our analysis of 7 expert reviews, the PAUDIN Paudin Professional Damascus Chef's Knife, 8-Inch placed 3rd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
A great chef knife is absolutely versatile. PAUDIN Damascus chef knife can easily handle your daily kitchen tasks, including chopping, slicing, mincing and dicing of Meat (chicken, beef, pork, etc.), vegetables (broccoli, tomatoes, cabbage, etc.), fruits (apples, oranges, kiwis, etc.) and even larger foods. The 8-inch kitchen knife can handle almost all kitchen tasks that can be thought of. Super-high grade Japanese AUS-10 steel is refined into a Damascus Chef's Knife, which has an extremely high level of rust resistance, wear resistance and durability, while providing unparalleled sharpness. Extremely sharp edge ensure efficient and smooth cutting. The ergonomic Micarta handle fits in the palm, providing excellent comfort and superior control. Outstanding non-slip material ensures stability for precise cutting. Three rivets inlaid to make it stronger and more durable. Perfect balance between blade and handle provide ultimate flexibility. The bolster position is designed to be slightly thickened and widened to protect the fingers. Extreme sharpness, comfortable grip and ease movement make any kitchen cutting task effortless. One of emerging global brand, PAUDIN has synonymous with superior quality products with a young and very motivated team. The start-up has used innovative technologies to build highest quality and most appealing design. PAUDIN works with the young talent who shared the brand's value and vision, then and now, commit to make customer satisfied.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Paudin Knives
Although it’s a newer brand, Paudin has emerged as a serious contender in the cutlery space in the past couple of years. The company specializes in using top-quality materials to make knives that have staying power.
The blades on Paudin’s knives are made of high-carbon German or Japanese stainless steel to be able to withstand contact with food and moisture. As long as you handwash the knives after each use, they should hold up without staining, rusting or dulling.
Paudin only sells its products online, which keeps costs at a minimum and allows them to focus on providing top quality at a lower price than if they dealt with retail distribution. In addition to knives and knife sets, Paudin also sells magnetic knife blocks that you can use to store your knives between uses.
With any knives, it’s important to pay close attention to the cleaning instructions. You can’t simply toss your knives in the dishwasher and hope for the best. Doing that will shorten the lifespan and reduce the sharpness of the blade. Regular stainless-steel blades can be washed in hot water and dish soap, but high-carbon steel shouldn’t be passed under hot water. Instead, wipe it with a clean cloth after each use. Dry your knife immediately after cleaning it.
In addition to how you’ll clean it, you should also consider how you’ll store it. You can use a magnetic knife block, but a standard knife block with slots will work, as well. If you’d prefer to store it in a drawer, make sure to keep it clear of dust and debris. A cloth bag can also be a great way to store your knives if they’re drawer-bound.
The Paudin Knife Buying Guide
- If you don’t already have a knife set in your kitchen, there are several must-haves. A chef’s knife can be a great multipurpose tool, helping you with everything from chopping vegetables to slicing meat. A paring knife will help you with peeling and mincing, while a set of steak knives will be essential tableware.
- If you regularly slice bread, a serrated knife is a must. It’s built with a blade that cuts through the softer surface without damaging the bread.
- The blade plays a direct role in how efficient your knife will cut. Look for one made of high-quality steel that promises sharpness. A knife sharpener can give you a hand if your knives start to dull, though.
- Don’t discount the importance of the handle. A lightweight, ergonomic design will help keep your hand comfortable, reducing fatigue that can lead to accidents. Also look for a knife with a handle that promises nonslip surfacing.
- Most knives are made from stainless steel, which is resistant to rust. Stainless steel is an iron alloy with at least 10.5 percent chromium. Sometimes a little nickel or molybdenum is mixed in. A step higher are high-carbon stainless-steel knives, which bring about 0.5 percent to 2 percent carbon into the mix.
- You may feel tempted to buy a full knife set, but it’s better to buy what you need, as you need it. You’ll then make sure you buy high-quality individual knives rather than going for the cheaper options that are often boxed up and sold as complete sets.
- Paudin specializes in high-quality, durable handles, but pay close attention to how they’re built. A full-tang handle has the steel of the blade extending the full length, including the handle, giving you more leverage. With a partial-tang knife, the steel extends only partway into the handle, although this can vary from one knife to the next. Rivets can also keep the handle intact even during intense use.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide