Patrick King The Art of Everyday Assertiveness
Last updated date: June 27, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Assertiveness Workbooks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Assertiveness Workbook you should buy.
Update as July 7, 2022:
Checkout The Best Assertiveness Workbook for a detailed review of all the top assertiveness workbooks.
In our analysis of 16 expert reviews, the Patrick King The Art of Everyday Assertiveness placed 6th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Stand your ground without guilt, fear, or awkward tension. Finally get what you deserve and stop “letting it slide”. Who is making your daily choices for you? Make sure you possess the everyday assertiveness to choose for yourself and resist the pressures you’re bound to come across. You’ve put yourself last your entire life. It’s time for that to change. Stop enabling, people pleasing, and being so “agreeable.” The Art of Everyday Assertiveness is a guide for the chronically “nice,” “overwhelmed,” and “accommodating”. It is a deep psychological dive into what makes us lack assertiveness, and how to systematically combat those compulsions. It’s a book that stands apart from others because of the plethora of real life examples and solutions. If your problem is assertiveness, you’ll find the step by step answer in this book – included is a 28-day Assertiveness Action Plan unlike any other.Gain respect, set boundaries, and ask for what you really want. Patrick King is an internationally bestselling author and social skills coach. His writing draws of a variety of sources, from research, academic experience, coaching, and real life experience. He’s also a recovering people pleaser who knows exactly how it feels to feel unable to speak his mind.Stop putting others first and being taken advantage of. How to balance assertiveness, accommodation, and agreeableness. How to practice self-acceptance, prioritization, and empathy. The instinct to over-apologize and how to fix it. The reasons that keep you compliant and willing. How to decisively say NO and reclaim your time and energy. How to ask for exactly what you want, when you want it. Saying NO with impact and grace. Understanding your subconscious thought patterns and beliefs. Who are you living your life for? Hopefully, yourself. Assertiveness is the first step to creating the life you want – not the life someone else wants for you, or taking care of someone else’s to-do list.What makes you happy? Do that. What makes you unhappy? Avoid that. If other people interfere with this simple credo, assertiveness is what will save the day.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Assertiveness Workbooks
Assertiveness is the act of behaving confidently and boldly without aggression. Assertive people are able to stand up for themselves and their needs, set boundaries and communicate exactly what they want.
There are many benefits to being assertive. Acting this way fosters healthy communication between yourself and those you interact with, such as your family, friends, colleagues and acquaintances. Assertiveness also ensures that others don’t take unfair advantage of you or bully you into doing things you don’t want to do. Being able to be assertive can reduce personal stress because you work to create an environment in which you feel satisfied — not one where you feel overwhelmed, trampled on or dominated.
Assertiveness is a skill you can use in many different situations. For example, if a co-worker asks you to take on their work for a project when you already have too much on your plate, you can set boundaries calmly and explain why you can’t do their job for them. Similarly, if a neighbor wants you to shovel their driveway every time you shovel your own, you can maneuver the situation in a confident yet friendly manner.
If you have trouble being assertive at home, at work or with your friends and family, you’re not alone. There are many people who have difficulty with this skill — but luckily, it is something you can teach yourself to do.
An assertiveness workbook is ideal for those who find themselves in situations where they wish they were empowered to say what they want without unreasonably damaging relationships. As a self-help tool, an assertiveness workbook can help you learn this important skill, practice in a theoretical setting and then apply what you have learned to the real world.
The Assertiveness Workbook Buying Guide
- When looking for self-help tools, it’s important to not fall for hyperbole. Many books and workbooks promise results within a short period of time or make guarantees that are unrealistic. For example, they may promise changed behavior with just a quick reading, when most self-help goals take time to realize. Instead of going with tools that offer fast fixes, choose ones that promise change that lasts. After all, you don’t want to be assertive for just one day — you want to learn the skill so you can use it throughout your life.
- Some people prefer worksheets with lots of exercises while others learn better from reading examples and stories. Consider what is more helpful for you and seek out an assertiveness workbook that provides that kind of tool. You know how you learn best, so choose resources that support your learning style.
- Reviews are a great way to learn whether an assertiveness workbook will work for your needs. Check out online reviews from multiple sources to find out what people think about the book, whether it made a difference in their lives and what stood out to them about the book’s methodology.
- As you’re shopping for any self-help book, consider the qualifications of the authors, along with their specialties and experience in this particular field. It’s important to use tools and resources created by professionals who understand the nuances and challenges you may face as you work to improve your life.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide