PATHONOR Upgrade Digital Temperature Hygrometer
Last updated date: September 23, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Weather Stations and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Weather Station you should buy.
The PATHONOR Upgrade Digital Temperature Hygrometer stands out among its competitors thanks to its multitude of features. Not only are there seven humidity settings, but the unit also updates every 30 seconds so you always have an accurate reading. As an added bonus, this weather station has a product warranty for repairs and refunds. In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the PATHONOR PATHONOR Digital Temperature Hygrometer placed 1st when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 23, 2019:
Checkout The Best Weather Station for a detailed review of all the top weather stations.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Weather Stations
If you’ve ever seen rain gauges in a person’s yard, you probably know that tracking weather trends is a popular hobby. Today, we have access to all the data we could ever want online, but there’s still no replacement for gathering the data yourself.
Along with technology, weather data collection has gotten more sophisticated with time. Today’s weather stations use sensors and display screens to provide real-time information about the weather in your area. Some even use advanced analytics to help you make sense of the information you’re gathering.
If you’re choosing a weather station, you first need to decide the information you hope to monitor. Some units gather data on everything from wind direction to barometric pressure. You’ll also find some weather stations monitor temperature information both inside your home and outside to help you collect important indoor information like humidity levels.
When you start shopping, you may wonder why some weather stations are so affordable, while others hit the top of your budget. It’s important to pay close attention to the features those more expensive models offer that you can’t get with a cheaper one. You’ll also notice that some less expensive weather stations require you to buy additional sensors to get the most out of the unit.
Smartphone compatibility is an add-on that will matter to some of today’s consumers. Having your weather station connected to your mobile device can be useful if you want to keep track of weather back home while you’re on the road. Some weather stations can also be controlled by Alexa, which is a consideration if you have a smart speaker in your home.
Lastly, it’s important to find a weather station that will remain connected and reliable when you need it most. Make sure you won’t later discover that you can’t get the information you need as a major storm surrounds your house due to a drop in transmission. Since many weather stations rely on your home Wi-Fi, it’s also important to consider whether your Wi-Fi remains up and stable during storms before investing in a weather station.
DYWM Fun Fact
Weather stations generally use a variety of tools to monitor nearby conditions. Today’s weather stations use sensors, but these include thermometers and barometers. Depending on how comprehensive the unit is, they may also build in hygrometers for humidity measurement, anemometers for wind speed, pyranometers for solar radiation levels and rain and snow gauges to monitor precipitation.
Weather stations are set up throughout the U.S. to gather data and deliver it to a centralized location. If you own your own weather station at home, you may be able to sign up to have that information automatically delivered to a weather network to ensure the data that experts are accessing is as accurate as possible.
The Weather Station Buying Guide
- Before technology transformed weather collection tools, you were limited in what you could learn. Today’s weather stations build in all the hardware you need to gather information on the weather that will impact you. However, there are some features that set one weather station apart from another.
- Chances are, you want more detail than what you can see by looking out your own window. The Ambient Weather WS-10 Wireless Weather Station has instruments that measure temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, barometric pressure and rainfall.
- For data on both your indoor and outdoor environment, consider the Netatmo Weather Station or the Ambient Weather WS-10 Wireless Weather Station. Both units will help you monitor what’s going on inside your home, as well as outside.
- Weather stations can vary dramatically in their sensitivity, so keep that in mind when comparing prices.
- You’ll find prices vary dramatically from one weather station to another, depending on the features offered with the weather station.
- When considering cost, it’s important to note what each model comes with. Some more expensive models ship with everything you need to get started, whereas others require you to make additional purchases.
- With the Netatmo Weather Station, you’ll get one wireless outdoor sensor, one indoor sensor, a USB cable and USB wall plug, wall mount for outdoor sensor and two AAA batteries.
- With the PATHONOR Upgrade Digital Temperature Hygrometer, it’s important to factor in the fact that it has more basic features that are best used indoors, such as an alarm clock and date and time displays.
- The low-priced Ambient Weather WS-10 Wireless Weather Station ships with three sensors. The console can read up to eight different locations, but you’ll need to buy five additional sensors to do so. Each additional sensor is available for an affordable price.
- The reach of your weather station is also worth noting. The Ambient Weather WS-10 Wireless Weather Station has a reach of 100 feet to each sensor.
- Weather stations are meant to monitor weather, so it won’t be much help if your connectivity drops when storms are brewing outside. The Ambient Weather WS-10 Wireless Weather Station has a tendency to drop its connection during inclement weather situations.
- One benefit of the PATHONOR Upgrade Digital Temperature Hygrometer is its bright display that provides information in an easy to read format. Its backlight is not only attractive, but it’s also voice-activated.
- Smartphone compatibility is also a consideration. The Netatmo Weather Station connects to your favorite mobile device, which means you can get weather information from home even when you’re away. It’s also compatible with Alexa.