Parker Safety Razor Rounded Clip/Lock Straight Razor, 5-Blades
Last updated date: August 9, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Straight Razors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Straight Razor you should buy.
Update as August 9, 2022:
Checkout The Best Straight Razors for a detailed review of all the top straight razors.
Thanks to the rounded exposure on this straight razor, cuts are kept to a minimum. Five premium platinum half blades are included with your purchase, but this razor also accepts barbershop single edge blades. The blades are easy to swap out and sharpening and stropping are never required.
In our analysis, the Parker Safety Razor Parker Safety Razor Rounded Clip/Lock Straight Razor, 5-Blades placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
A Heavy Duty Razor Designed and used by Professionals – Heavyweight Steel Blade Arm and Scales for durability and precision – Weighs 2.3 Ounces. Rounded exposure at the end of the blade compartment to minimize cuts. Clip/Lock blade holder along with inserts to ensure secure blade insertion. Accepts barbershop single edge blades or 1/2 double edge blade – 5 Parker Premium Platinum Half Blades included. A genuine Parker Safety Razor product! For over 40 years, Parker razors have been imitated, but never duplicated.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Straight Razors
Barbershops use straight razors for two reasons: better control and closer shaves. Straight shaves may look intimidating but end up giving you cleaner results than what you get from electric razors and cartridges. This means that there is less chance for razor bumps, razor burns and painful ingrown hairs.
Many of the best straight razors are made with blades that fold back into their handles. They allow you to apply just the right amount of pressure and use different angles to remove unwanted hair from your face.
Straight razors are also less likely to become dull or rusted, so you won’t have to worry about bacteria growth and many come with disposable, stainless steel blades which can get tossed after a couple uses. Top-of-the-line straight razors come with high-quality blades than can be cleaned and used repeatedly until they need to be replaced.
These razors are also less expensive than modern-style choices in the long run; the cost of disposable razors and cartridges can add up, and they don’t give as close a shave. Additionally, since there is less waste, these razors can be better for the environment.
Besides that, straight razors have longer surfaces than disposable ones, so it may even take you less time to shave with one.
The Straight Razor Buying Guide
- Before using a straight edge, watch a tutorial online to see how it is done. The edge is extremely sharp and you do not want to proceed without knowing what you are doing. Being unprepared could result in an injury.
- If the straight razor you choose requires disposable blades, shop around because various brands can have wildly different costs.
- Keep the blade locked when not in use and keep it far out of reach of any children.
- To get the best results, apply the shaving cream with a shaving brush. This cleans and exfoliates the skin and lifts the hair up.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide