ParkCo Modern Timber Craft Barnwood Fireplace Mantel
Last updated date: July 25, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Fireplace Mantels and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Fireplace Mantel you should buy.
Update as August 3, 2022:
Checkout The Best Fireplace Mantels for a detailed review of all the top fireplace mantels.
This farmhouse-style fireplace mantel is made from reclaimed barn wood. It has a rustic look that can also work in minimalist or modern decors. The mantel is 48 inches wide.
In our analysis, the ParkCo ParkCo Modern Timber Craft Barnwood Fireplace Mantel placed 3rd when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Authentic Fireplace Mantel Shelf. Each mantel shelf is uniquely crafted in Pennsylvania using real American reclaimed wooden beams! Once your mantel is securely fastened above your fireplace, you’ll instantly appreciate the rustic beauty in your house. Our mantels provide a great platform for showcasing your favorite possessions and decorations. Whether you’re looking to display your family portraits, your family heirloom, Christmas decorations, or trophies, our shelves will certainly grab the attention of your guests. The natural design matches perfectly with all fireplaces. Our beams can greatly enhance the look of your vintage fireplace or add a bit of a natural touch to a modern setting. Either way, they’ll look great in your home! Historical Wooden Beams. We proudly source our wood locally! Every piece of wood has been taken from barns or houses dating back to the 1800s. As each piece is uniquely yours, some may have original hand hewing, saw markings, worm holes, knots, nail holes, or other marks. You’ll truly admire the craftsmanship of the natural wood. Each mantel may differ based on different species of wood, different ages, weathering, or previous applications. Please note that the unit you receive will have its own characteristics and may not look exactly like our images. True Rustic Beauty! All ends are saw cut and remain natural. To truly enhance the natural look and feel of each mantel, we finish each beam with a low gloss linseed oil. As a fireplace mantel or as a floating shelf, our wooden beams will add to the décor within your house, cottage, cabin, or even apartment! Mounting Hardware Is Included! We include hardware to securely attach your shelf to the wall. As each installation varies, please note that you may need to purchase additional hardware.Order More Than 1? Please make a special request and we will do our best to create matching pieces.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Fireplace Mantels
A fireplace mantel is a great way to create a focal point in your space, bringing all eyes to the fireplace. Not only are they decorative pieces for your home, but fireplace mantels can also play a functional role as well. With plenty of options to choose from, how do you know which fireplace mantel to get?
A good place to start is the material the fireplace mantel is made from. Wood is an option some people go with as it can be painted any color, providing a lot of flexibility. Plus, you can find wood in a number of budgets depending on the grade or quality you choose. However, this material can darken over time and also needs to have a minimum clearance from the fireplace for safety reasons.
Stone is a good option if you are looking for a custom-built mantel based on your dimensions and have a big budget. However, stone is limited in the styles and color options, so you are often left with something that is fairly neutral. Stone is also more difficult to install and can also be more difficult to clean.
In terms of size, you’ll want to check what the clearance requirements are for your particular fireplace as that will have an influence on the shape and size of mantel you can have. To determine how wide the fireplace mantel needs to be, measure the width of the fireplace and then add several inches to either size to get the size of mantel you need. However, don’t just focus on the size of the fireplace. The size of the room will also be a factor in getting the right size mantel as it should be proportional to the whole space.
The Fireplace Mantel Buying Guide
- When it comes to the style of fireplace mantels, you have two main options: shelves and surrounds. For an easier, more convenient and less costly option, go with a mantel shelf. This sits only on top of the fireplace and doesn’t go around on the sides. It’s easy to relocate and install. A fireplace surround goes around three sides of the fireplace as the name suggests. You have more flexibility in terms of styles and designs, but they are more difficult to install and fit.
- Consider the depth you need based on how you want to use the fireplace mantel. For example, do you want to use it as a shelf for small decorative items, such as picture frames and vases? If so, you will need to ensure the mantel is deep enough for your items. Or do you plan on keeping it clear of clutter and taking the minimalist approach? In that case, the mantel doesn’t need to be too deep. Most mantels are between six and seven inches deep.
- Worried a wooden fireplace mantel may be a fire hazard? High-quality wooden mantels are designed to withstand the heat from the fireplace. However, you have to ensure you install them over the minimum clearance away from the fireplace to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Deciding on the right color for your fireplace mantel can be difficult. Consider whether you want it to be a focal point of the room or not. If you do, choose a color that stands out against the rest of your fireplace area. If not, go for something that blends in.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide