Panergy 26800mAh Portable Solar Window Charger, 5-Panel
Last updated date: May 4, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Solar Window Chargers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Solar Window Charger you should buy.
In our analysis of 62 expert reviews, the Panergy Panergy 26800mAh Portable Solar Window Charger, 5-Panel placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 2, 2020:
Checkout The Best Solar Window Charger for a detailed review of all the top solar window chargers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
7.5W solar power with 1.5 A input current, charging much faster. 26800mAh huge capacity, keep your device powered for days. Support PD 18W fast charging, no more long time waiting. Ultra bright dual flashlight plus 60-LEDs panel light for emergency. IPX1 rainproof, dustproof, shockproof, heavy duty travel gear. Portable lanyard and carabiner included, hang it anywhere via hook.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Solar Window Chargers
Did you know that Albert Einstein published a paper in 1905 that helped spread awareness about the power of solar energy? Today, the benefits of switching to solar power are well known. In addition to using solar energy at home via solar panels on the roof, people can purchase portable solar window chargers to take on the go.
As you browse the available models, you want to take into consideration the number of people you have in your family. Many solar window chargers are only designed to charge one or two devices at a time. If you opt for a model like the GoerTek 25000mAh Portable Solar Window Charger, you’ll be able to charge three devices simultaneously. That’s a better choice for larger families. Of course, families can also purchase more than one solar charger if need be.
If you plan on using the solar window charger for an outdoor trip, you need to choose a model that is weather-resistant. The Hiluckey 25000mAh Outdoor Solar Window Charger, 4-Panel is not only waterproof but also dust and shockproof. It folds up and has a durable outer cover that protects the solar panels from becoming damaged when dropped.
Another important feature to look for when shopping for a solar window charger is how quickly the device charges. For example, the Anker 21W Portable Solar Window Charger, 4-Panel has the technology to charge at a speed of up to 2.4 amps when plugged into a port or 3 amps when placed in the path of direct sunlight. Some models also have a built-in eco-friendly li-polymer battery.
Review how easy the solar window charger is to transport. Ideally, you want a model that is lightweight and that can fit in a backpack or carry-on bag. Then check how the unit is designed to be used. Some models have suction cups so you can adhere them to a window, while others have stainless-steel eyeholes on each corner for hanging on the back of your pack.
Check to see if the solar window charger has any special features that put it above another model. The FEELLE 24000mAh Waterproof Solar Charger, 3-Panel is an excellent example of this, as it is outfitted with a flashlight function that has three modes. Users can set it on the steady mode for extra sight in the dark, strobe mode for adding to the party atmosphere or SOS mode when an emergency arises.
DWYM Fun Fact
Humans have been using sunlight as a source of energy for a long long time. We know that during the seventh century B.C., people used magnifying glasses to direct the sun’s rays and make it hot enough in one spot to start a fire. Later, mirrors were used in the same way as the magnifying glasses.
Edmond Becquerel was the first scientist to discover that light increased the amount of electricity in cells that had gold or platinum electrodes and that were submerged in a conducting solution. This discovery in 1839 paved the way for the solar panels we use today.
The first solar cell that resembles modern-day cells was constructed by Charles Fritz in 1883. His cell was made using selenium and wasn’t very strong, but others were able to improve upon his design over time. Aleksandr Stoletov is the first holder of a patent for a solar cell, which he obtained in 1888. It wasn’t long after this patent that solar power was commercialized.
In the 1950s and 60s, solar panels were used in a variety of spacecraft. President Jimmy Carter has solar panels installed on the roof of the White House in the 1970s. Today, solar panels are more affordable, making it possible for more homes across the globe to have them.
The Solar Window Charger Buying Guide
- Keep in mind that you must have a source of light available in order to charge the solar window charger.
- To keep your solar window charger powered, hang it from the outside of your backpack so that it can receive sunlight while you hike. If you’re camping, find a location that receives direct sunlight and lay the charger out. Should you be traveling in a car or sitting at home, you can place the solar charger in a window that’s facing the sun.
- Solar windows chargers also work great when traveling via plane, train or bus. Outlets are not readily available on these modes of transportation, which makes the solar chargers a great solution to keeping your phones and tablets charged until you reach your intended destination.
- When you return from hiking or camping in the woods, you’ll most likely need to clean your solar window chargers before putting them away. All you need is a little dish soap and water. Moisten a lint-free cloth with the soapy water and wipe down the front and back of the charger. Repeat with a clean cloth that has been moistened with water only to rinse away any soap. Dry with a lint-free towel afterward. It’s important that you never use a scouring pad, wool scrubber or an abrasive cleaner on the solar window chargers. These will scratch the surface of the chargers and render them less effective.
- The price for a solar window charger varies based on construction material and special features. The FEELLE 24000mAh Waterproof Solar Charger, 3-Panel is among the most affordable, while the GoerTek 25000mAh Portable Solar Window Charger and the Hiluckey 25000mAh Outdoor Solar Window Charger, 4-Panel are both moderately priced. You’ll pay the most for the Anker 21W Portable Solar Window Charger, 4-Panel, which is quick to charge.