Panasonic RF-2400D Analogue AM / FM Radio
Last updated date: October 28, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top FM Radios and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best FM Radio you should buy.
Editor's Note October 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best FM Radios for a detailed review of all the top fm radios.
Especially made to listen to the radio during emergencies, this option mainly uses batteries, but users can use a separate adapter. It offers a large and loud speaker, simple controls and a headphone jack.
In our analysis of 53 expert reviews, the Panasonic Panasonic RF-2400D Analogue AM / FM Radio placed 4th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
RF 2400 AM/FM Analogue Tuner: Frequency Range FM 87 to 108MHz (50kHz step) AM 520 to 1730kHz (9/10kHz step)
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On FM Radios
When you want some free entertainment you can take on the go, an FM radio doesn’t disappoint. You can tune into your favorite radio stations as well as access AM channels on the many models available today. Even better, you can find AM radios in sizes ranging from handheld models that you can listen to as you walk around to large desktop radios that give you big sound.
Smaller radios tend to run on several batteries, making them a great option for emergencies when you lose power or for traveling in general. Models of all sizes may come with a power adapter for continuous listening and the most flexibility.
When choosing an FM radio, you’ll want to find reliable models that offer a good signal and quality sound. Those with longer antennas can help you get better reception. You’ll find options with both small and large speakers along with some models that let you choose between tones to fit your environment.
Although FM radios can seem simple to operate, you’ll find variation in the knobs, dials and sliders they feature. Some makers market their radios as easy to use for those who are elderly and may need larger controls. Other models make it easy to turn to the exact radio station you’re seeking without much fuss.
Besides letting you listen to AM and FM radio stations through the speaker, models often let you plug in headphones at a minimum. Some radios even have auxiliary in and out ports that let you connect gadgets like iPods or recording systems.
The FM Radio Buying Guide
- If you’d like a battery-powered FM radio but worry about paying for all those batteries, consider that you can find rechargeable batteries that can be more economical. You can keep an extra set as well so you aren’t stuck without a radio while the batteries charge.
- To get the best signal, raise your FM radio’s antenna so that it’s as high as possible where you are. However, keep in mind that factors such as your location’s altitude and any objects that could block the radio signal may impact your reception. Therefore, moving outside may give you a better listening experience.
- When buying an FM radio that works with both batteries and an AC adapter, check whether the manufacturer includes the power plug. Sometimes, you’ll need to buy that as a separate accessory when the maker intends the radio to be used primarily with batteries.
- If you plan to plug your phone or MP3 player into your radio, check whether you have the right connection and cable. A standard AUX cable can plug into your device’s headphone jack, but some devices like newer iPhones would need an adapter for this to work.
- You can use your FM radio with a separate antenna set up inside or outside your home if you have trouble getting good reception where you listen most.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide