Palmolive Apple Pear Dishwashing Liquid Dish Soap
Last updated date: April 23, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dish Soaps and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dish Soap you should buy.
If you're searching for a dish soap with a pleasant scent, give Palmolive Apple Pear Dishwashing Liquid Dish Soap a try. In addition to its sweet smell, the dish soap cuts through grease with ease, leaving your dishes sparkling clean. They soap is also formulated to be easy on hands, so you don't have to worry about them feeling dry after washing your dishes. In our analysis of 86 expert reviews, the Palmolive Palmolive Apple Pear Dishwashing Liquid Dish Soap placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Dish Soap for a detailed review of all the top dish soaps.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Palmolive Essential Clean Apple Pear dishwashing liquid dish soap, with a delightful fruity scent, is great for everyday clean up. Palmolive dish detergent is specially formulated to be tough on grease and soft on hands leaving your dishes sparkling. Enjoy cooking more because Palmolive has got clean up covered!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dish Soaps
There’s nothing worse than spending money on a bottle of dish soap that doesn’t get your pots and pans nice and clean. You want a quality dish soap that can tackle everything from grease to stuck-on foods. That way you can spend less time at the kitchen sink and more time with your family and friends.
As you search for the best dish soap, look for a brand that has been dermatologist tested if you have sensitive skin. The Seventh Generation Free & Clear Dish Liquid Soap, 6-Pack is one such brand. It’s made using a hypoallergenic formula that is EPA Safer Choice Certified.
You’ll also want to consider specialty dish soaps made for families with infants and toddlers if you have small children at home. For example, the Babyganics Fragrance Free Dish & Bottle Soap, 2-Pack is free of fragrances, dyes, phosphates and phthalates. That means you can feel good about using it to wash your baby’s bottles, pacifiers and sippy cups. It’s also cruelty-free and never tested on animals.
Determine how effective the dish soap is against grease and stuck-on foods. Dawn Platinum Liquid Dish Soap & Sponge, 3-Pack is one brand that is well-known for tackling these issues. In fact, it’s listed as being four times more powerful at lifting away grease and able to release stuck-on foods in just a few seconds.
When you’ve narrowed down your search for the best dish soap to a few choices, go with the one that has a pleasant scent, like Mrs. Meyer’s Honeysuckle Liquid Dish Soap, 3-Pack. This dish soap uses a mixture of floral and fruit notes to create a sweet-smelling dish soap that will make you look forward to cleaning up after a meal.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know you can do much more with dish soap then clean your pots and pans? Here are just a few alternative uses for the dish soap you already have at home:
- Create an ice pack by filling a zipper sandwich bag with dish soap and freezing it.
- Make your own weed killer by combining one gallon of vinegar, one cup of salt and one tablespoon of dish soap.
- Exterminate fruit flies by pouring sweet-smelling dish soap in a jar, adding water and covering the jar with a sheet of plastic wrap that has a hole in the center.
- Clean automotive tools by soaking them in grease-fighting dish soap.
- Spray a combination of dish soap and water over a tire or ball that you may be suspicious has a leak. If there is a leak, the solution will bubble.
- Soak your jewelry in a mixture of water and seltzer for five minutes to get it clean and shiny again.
The Dish Soap Buying Guide
- Most dish soaps leave hands feeling dry afterward. It’s good practice to keep a bottle of moisturizing lotion next to your dish soap. After you’ve finished washing the dishes, you can rehydrate your hands with the lotion.
- Some dish soaps have a potent smell that may not be ideal for individuals who have an aversion to strong odors.
- Store bottles upright or in a leak-proof bag. Reviewers report that the bottles leak when placed on their sides.
- Concentrated soaps may require additional rinsing to be fully free of any soap residue.
- Dish soap can be used to pre-treat stains on clothing, as well as a laundry detergent substitute if you run out and can’t get to the store right away.
- Amaze your children with a fun magic trick using dish soap. Place some water in a bowl and decorate the surface of the water with black pepper. Coat your child’s finger in dish soap and have them stick their finger in the center of the bowl. The pepper will scatter like magic.
- If price is a factor in your selection of dish soap, you’ll need to compare the price per ounce. To get to this figure, you need to divide the total cost by the total number of ounces being sold. You’ll find the Seventh Generation Free & Clear Dish Liquid Soap, 6-Pack is the most affordable, followed by the Dawn Platinum Liquid Dish Soap & Sponge, 3-Pack and the Babyganics Fragrance Free Dish & Bottle Soap, 2-Pack. The Mrs. Meyer’s Honeysuckle Liquid Dish Soap, 3-Pack has the highest cost per ounce among the four.