Paksh Novelty Highball Glasses, Set of 6
Last updated date: January 22, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Drinking Glasses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Drinking Glass you should buy.
Although highballs are great for alcohol and mixers, you can use the Paksh Novelty Highball Glasses, Set of 6 for all your beverages. We like that the heavy bottoms help provide stability to protect against breakage. You do only get one color option, clear, and six glasses in each set. In our analysis of 36 expert reviews, the Paksh Novelty Paksh Novelty Highball Glasses, Set of 6 placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 20, 2019:
Checkout The Best Drinking Glass for a detailed review of all the top drinking glasses.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Made in Italy These luxurious glasses were made in Italy; the mecca of glassware, where incredibly talented glassmakers have made it their life's work to produce exceptional drinkware that not only looks beautiful, but stands the test of time. Contemporary Design These glasses dawn a contemporary look that is perfect for entertaining and everyday use. With their sleek silhouette and clean design, this set is versatile enough for casual and formal use; great for serving water with dinner or creating unique cocktails at a dinner party. Lightweight, yet Sturdy Glass These lightweight glasses are made of fine grade sands and finished in premium glazes that result in a drinking glass that's sturdier than the competition and strong enough to be used time and time again. Its heavy base helps prevent the glass from shattering when muddling. Shaped for a Comfortable Grip The highball glasses thin, cylindrical shape is easy to grasp, while their lightweight construction allows one to hold the glass for extended periods of time without tiring the hands or wrists. Each glass is perfect for hands of all sizes and are especially convenient for arthritic hands! Lead Free Glass Feel safe serving beverages to loved ones in this guaranteed lead-free drinkware set. No worries about harmful chemicals and substances leaching into your drinks here! Easy to Clean These drinking glasses are extremely easy to clean. Just wash each glass by hand with soap and warm water!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Drinking Glasses
Whether you’re pouring yourself a cool glass of ice water on a hot summer day or enjoying a sip of milk with breakfast, a good set of drinking glasses is a staple of any modern kitchen. Although traditional glass construction has its benefits, plastic, acrylic tumblers can withstand plenty of abuse without breaking or scratching. Best of all, today’s plastic glassware eliminates the chemicals that were a problem with previous generations of drinking cups.
But there are several considerations when you’re choosing a set of drinking glasses. It starts with setting your personal preferences. The first major decision will be whether you want glass or plastic, but you’ll also have the option of clear versus multicolor no matter which route you go. You can choose the style that matches your own décor and personal preferences.
Unless you have unlimited space in your kitchen, storage will be a top issue. Plastic tumblers are stackable, which makes it easier to squeeze more into a small space. If you go with the type of glasses that aren’t stackable, such as those with a highball design, you’ll have to make sure you have space for each one to be placed singly. Even glass tumblers that can be stacked will take up more height than their plastic counterparts.
A big benefit of glass, though, is that many people find that they prefer the taste of beverages in glass containers. Even with chemical-free plastics, you may find a little bit of an aftertaste as the material in the cup taints the liquid slightly. Glass is less likely to cause that problem, and you’ll even find your beverage gets a little chillier. But if you’re in a house with children or you have accident-prone guests, plastic may be a longer-lasting option. If you do go with glass, pay close attention to design. Many of today’s drinking glasses are built so that they have a thicker base for increased sturdiness.
DYWM Fun Fact
If you drink wine, you probably know how closely the flavor experience is linked to the shape of the glass. The same goes for other types of cocktails. Highball glasses are tall and narrow in shape, perfect for combining ice, a small amount of liquor and a large amount of mixer. Drinks like Mojitos and gin and tonic are typically served in that type of glass. Compare this to the cocktail glass, which is shorter and wider, making it perfect for holding a drink like a Brandy Alexander. The wide rim of the glass puts the drinker close to the beverage, making it easier to savor the scents and tastes inside.
The Drinking Glass Buying Guide
- If you’re familiar with restaurant-style tumblers, you’ll already know what to expect from the US Acrylic Plastic 20oz Tumblers, Set of 16. You can choose from two multicolor options or a clear set, with 16 tumblers in each.
- The Libbey Polaris Tumbler and Rocks Glass, Set of 16 is ideal for families that prefer drinking glasses that are actually constructed of glass. You can choose from three different color options and you’ll get 16 pieces with each purchase.
- Those who prefer the look of glass but long for the durability of acrylic should consider the US Acrylic 12oz and 16oz Tumblers, Set of 8. They only come in clear, but you can choose from either four different size options or a multi-size set.
- The highball drinking glass has long been a staple of bars around the world. But Paksh Novelty Highball Glasses, Set of 6 can be used for all types of drinks. Clear is the only color option and you’ll only get one size.
- If durability is a concern, a plastic tumbler like the US Acrylic Plastic 20oz Tumblers or US Acrylic 12oz and 16oz Tumblers is the way to go. This is especially valuable if your children will be drinking out of them. The Libbey Polaris Tumbler and Rocks Glass and Paksh Novelty Highball Glasses have heavy bottoms that help provide stability so you’ll have a slightly lower risk of an accident.
- With plastic tumblers, chemicals are always a concern. US Acrylic Plastic 20oz Tumblers and US Acrylic 12oz and 16oz Tumblers are BPA free.
- Glass tumblers like Paksh Novelty Highball Glasses do tend to create a better taste experience. Not only does the glass increase the “chill” of your beverage, but you also don’t have to worry about any bleed-over from the container itself.
- When it comes to storage, it doesn’t get easier than a set of plastic tumblers. The US Acrylic Plastic 20oz Tumblers are very stackable to make it easy to squeeze the entire set into a small space inside your cabinet.