Ozeri Digital Kitchen Food Scale
Last updated date: February 10, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kitchen Scales and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kitchen Scale you should buy.
Available in seven fun colors, the Ozeri Digital Kitchen Food Scale is sure to come in a model that matches your kitchen decor. The scale itself is ideal for individuals who need to measure larger amounts of food. All you need are two AAA batteries to get started, and they happen to be included in your purchase. In our analysis of 117 expert reviews, the Ozeri Ozeri Digital Kitchen Food Scale placed 3rd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 10, 2020:
Checkout The Best Kitchen Scale for a detailed review of all the top kitchen scales.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Ozeri Pronto Digital Multifunction Kitchen And Food Scale; Elegant Black; New
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kitchen Scales
While exercise is an important part of a person’s health journey, keeping track of your food intake is essential. A kitchen scale is the most accurate way to do this.
As you browse available kitchen scale models, look for one that has an LED digital display screen that is easy to read. You also want the unit to be able to convert measurements. The INEVIFIT Digital Kitchen Scale weighs items in grams, ounces, pounds and milliliters and uses a backlight to make the screen readable when the light in the room is dim.
Most of the time, you’re going to place food on your kitchen scale in a bowl or on a plate. The measurement that pops up will include the weight of that bowl or plate. Look for a scale, like the Ozeri Digital Kitchen Food Scale, which has a tare button that subtracts the weight of your container.
Kitchen scales can be left on a counter, however, individuals who live in a small space would appreciate alternative storage options. The Nicewell Digital Food Scale comes with an attached hook for hanging on a wall or inside a cabinet.
Check for any extra features that may make one kitchen scale stand out above another. You’ll find the Escali Kitchen Food Scale has sealed buttons for protection against accidental spills, as well as the option of purchasing a separate dishwasher-safe stainless steel platform cover. There are also models that are available in a wide range of colors, so you can select one that matches your existing kitchen decor.
DWYM Fun Fact
One of the first-known weighing scales dates back to around 2,000 B.C. in Pakistan. It was used to measure the weight of objects, like gold nuggets. Today, we use scales to weigh a variety of things, including food.
You may be surprised to discover all the benefits that a kitchen scale has to offer. For example, kitchen scales are more accurate than using measuring cups. Your scoop of whey protein powder won’t be the same as another individual who is following the same recipe. Additionally, kitchen scales help you meet specific recipe measurements. If the meal requires 1 lb. of ground turkey, but the package you bought contains 1.6 lbs., you’ll be able to use the scale to narrow the ground turkey down to the 1 lb. listed in the instructions.
The Kitchen Scale Buying Guide
- It’s often best to use a small bowl or plate when using a kitchen scale. That way, you don’t obstruct the view of the LCD digital display screen.
- Some models automatically shut off after about two minutes. Keep this in mind if you plan on measuring multiple items, as you may want to work quickly or simply turn the unit back on each time.
- Some kitchen scales are set to weigh in two-grams increments, which means accuracy will be an issue if you’re following a precise recipe.
- Should a spill occur, all you need to do is wipe the kitchen scale down with a damp cloth.
- Look at the length of the product’s warranty. You’ll find some units offer warranties that are good for as long as five years.
- The price for kitchen scales doesn’t vary too much. The INEVIFIT Digital Kitchen Scale, Nicewell Digital Food Scale and Escali Kitchen Food Scale all come in around the same price. The Ozeri Digital Kitchen Food Scale is slightly more affordable, as it doesn’t have any special features and doesn’t come with any product warranties like the other models.