OXO Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
Last updated date: November 7, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Measuring Cups and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Measuring Cup you should buy.
Update as December 31, 2021:
Checkout The Best Measuring Cup for a detailed review of all the top measuring cups.
In our analysis of 73 expert reviews, the OXO Stainless Steel Measuring Cups placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Cup Set is an elegant yet functional measuring solution. The unique magnetic feature allows you to easily remove one Cup at a time. This feature also keeps the Cups neatly stacked together for storage. The sturdy, Stainless Steel Measuring Cups are designed to make leveling ingredients easy for greater accuracy. The Cups feature permanent, etched measurement markings and have soft, comfortable, non-slip handles. Set includes 1/4 Cup, 1/3 Cup, 1/2 Cup and 1 Cup Measuring Cups.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Measuring Cups
If you’re surfing an urge to cook or bake, ride that wave and get started! But before you turn on the oven or fire up your stovetop, make sure you’ve got some of the most important cooking tools on hand: measuring cups.
Cooking is basically chemistry. You need the right ratios of ingredients to concoct the perfect meal, or else you’ll wind up with flavorless cakes and badly seasoned beef. Measuring cups and spoons guarantee a picture-perfect result.
Measuring cups for dry ingredients usually come in sets of five, with measurements from ¼ cup up to 1 cup. Some measuring cup sets go up to 2 cups, including every increment from 1 cup and above. They’re usually made from plastic or stainless steel. The measurements are printed on, painted on or etched into the cup’s handle.
Measuring cups for wet ingredients look like a pitcher. There may just be one large cup with many marked increments of measurements or a set of cups for different sizes. Liquid measuring cups are usually made from plastic or very thick glass.
Measuring spoons will help you add the perfect level of spice to your dish. They typically come in sets of six, measuring from ⅛ teaspoon to 1 tablespoon. They are also usually made from plastic or stainless steel, with measurements painted or etched onto the handle.
You’ll need measuring cups, liquid measuring cups and measuring spoons to make your favorite meals. Check out our Tips & Advice for more info on buying these kitchen staples.
The Measuring Cup Buying Guide
- Plastic measuring cups and stainless steel measuring cups each come with their own pros and cons. Plastic cups are less expensive, but they might not hold up as well in the dishwasher. Stainless steel cups and spoons will last much longer, but they’re usually a bigger investment up front.
- You can measure liquids with a set of dry ingredient measuring cups, but investing in a liquid measuring cup is well worth it. It’s much easier to view the measurement as you pour, you’re less likely to spill your liquids and many liquid measuring cups are freezer, microwave and oven safe.
- To accurately measure dry ingredients, add them to your measuring cup or spoon and level it off with the back of a knife. If a recipe calls for “tightly packed” ingredients, push as much of the dry ingredient as you can into the measuring cup or spoon, then level it off with the back of a knife.
- To accurately measure liquid ingredients, pour the liquid into the liquid measuring cup and place it on a flat surface. View the cup from the side and look for the liquid’s meniscus. (The meniscus is the slight concave curve in the liquid’s surface.) The bottom of the meniscus should line up with the measuring line. Some liquid measuring cups are designed with a piece of plastic that lets you read the measurement from the top. If you’ve got one of these cups, you can just read the measurement from there.
- Hand wash plastic measuring cups or place them on the top rack of your dishwasher. Stainless steel measuring cups and spoons should be fine in your dishwasher’s cutlery basket.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide