OXO Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop
Last updated date: February 14, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
We looked at the top Ice Cream Scoop For Kids and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Ice Cream Scoop For Kid you should buy.
Use the OXO Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop to top your favorite dessert with a dollop of ice cream. The stainless steel construction is both sturdy and durable, while the handle provides a non-slip grip. You'll also find the scoop itself has been thoughtfully designed, as it has flat sides that are able to get up against the wall of the ice cream container. In our analysis of 84 expert reviews, the OXO OXO Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop placed 4th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Ice Cream Scoop For Kids for a detailed review of all the top ice cream scoop for kids.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Scoop the hardest of ice cream with ease with this good grips Stainless steel scoop by OXO. Attractively designed, the scoop is made of stainless steel and has a Black Handle. The steel resist discoloration and won't chip, and the sharp tip bites into the hardest of creams. The grip is non-slip and easy to grasp, which enables you to scoop with more pressure and power. OXO was founded on the philosophy of universal design, which is the concept of designing products that are easy to use for the largest possible spectrum of users. In the case of OXO, It means designing products for young and old, male and female, left- and right- handed and many with special needs. These ergonomically- designed, trans-generational tools set a new standard for the industry and raised the bar of consumer expectation for Comfort and performance. 8-1/4" L x 1-3/4" W x 1" H
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Ice Cream Scoop For Kids
When it comes to ice cream consumption, the most popular age groups are adults over the age of 45 and children under the age of 12. If you have kids in your home, you may wish to purchase an ice cream scoop to dish out this desired treat, which is sure to put a smile on their faces.
Ice cream scoops come in either plastic or stainless steel. Plastic scoops are lighter; however, it’s important to check whether or not they contain BPA and other toxins. Stainless steel models are heavier but more durable. They don’t rust or stain. You can also get a steel scoop, like the Norpro Nonstick Ice Cream Scoop, with defrosting fluid inside the handle.
The design of the ice cream scoop’s handle is also important. You want to choose one that has an ergonomic design and a non-slip grip. Some models have handles with additional features as well. For example, the Spring Chef Ice Cream Scoop has a handy notch at the bottom of its handle that is used to open ice cream containers.
Of course, you want the scoop itself to be constructed in a way that makes digging into and lifting out the ice cream much easier. The Midnight Scoop Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop has a pointed front scoop to cut through hard ice cream, while the OXO Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop has a scoop with flat edges that slide against the container wall, so you don’t miss a morsel of the tasty dessert.
DWYM Fun Fact
While the exact origin of ice cream is unknown, the Chinese had a version they enjoyed back in 3000 B.C. It’s also true that the Roman emperor Nero used to gather snow and mix in honey and fruit for a type of ice cream. Ice cream was officially introduced to America in the 1700s.
Did you know:
- Although chocolate ice cream was invented first, vanilla is the most popular flavor consumed in the United States.
- In 1984, President Reagan declared July National Ice Cream Month with the third Sunday of July being the official National Ice Cream Day.
- An astounding 3.3 billion gallons of ice cream are eaten every year by individuals around the globe. Surprisingly, residents of New Zealand beat out citizens of the United States in ice cream consumption.
The Ice Cream Scoop For Kid Buying Guide
- If you have trouble removing ice cream from your scoop, dip the scoop in warm water before you dig, and the ice cream will slide off the scoop and into your bowl.
- Some ice cream scoops have parts that are not dishwasher safe. It’s best to hand wash those to extend their life.
- Keep in mind that heavy-grade aluminum makes a scoop heavy to hold. It will take more muscle to get the ice cream out of its container.
- Some ice cream scoops are sold in fun colors that are attractive to children. You’ll find pink, purple, blue and green are quite popular.
- Both, the design and number of features play an important role when it comes to the price of an ice cream scoop. The Norpro Nonstick Ice Cream Scoop is the most basic, and therefore, the most affordable. In the middle of the price range falls the Spring Chef Ice Cream Scoop and the OXO Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop. They have ergonomic handles and specially shaped scoops. The Midnight Scoop Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop commands the highest price, as it weighted to allow gravity to do the work for you. It also comes with a lifetime guarantee.