OXO Good Grips Angled Liquid Measuring Cup Set, 3-Piece
Last updated date: April 24, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Liquid Measuring Cups and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Liquid Measuring Cup you should buy.
Update as September 29, 2020:
Checkout The Best Liquid Measuring Cup for a detailed review of all the top liquid measuring cups.
Not only is this liquid measuring cup free of BPA, but it's also dishwasher-safe. Users will love the patented angled surface, which makes it possible to read the measurements from above. Both standard and metric measurement markings can be found on the cups.
In our analysis, the OXO OXO Good Grips Angled Liquid Measuring Cup Set placed 1st when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Patented angled surface lets you read measurements from above. Eliminates the need to fill, check and adjust
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Liquid Measuring Cups
No kitchen is complete without a quality set of liquid measuring cups. These cups eliminate the need for “eyeballing” wet ingredients, which often leads to a dish that is too runny or too dry. Instead, at-home cooks will be able to follow the recipes of well-known chefs and bakers to produce delicious meals and mouth-watering desserts with ease.
Those who are just starting out may want to go with a liquid measuring cup that is more basic, like the Arrow Home Engraved Graduate Liquid Measuring Cup. This cup offers measurements of both ounces and cups and has a clear plastic construction that allows you to view the ingredient as you pour.
If you do opt for a plastic liquid measuring cup, make sure it’s BPA-free. The OXO Good Grips Angled Liquid Measuring Cup Set fits this bill. It’s also made using a patented angled surface, so you can read the measurements from above. No more bending over while pouring to keep an eye on the measurement markings.
Liquid measuring cups are also sold in other materials, like glass and stainless steel. Models constructed from a high borosilicate glass are ideal for individuals who plan on placing the cup in a microwave or on a stovetop. They are also safe for storing liquids in a refrigerator.
Food-grade stainless steel liquid measuring cups, like the Newness Upgraded Liquid Measuring Cup, are a good buy as well. They are durable and resist rust, stains and strong odors. Stainless steel won’t break when dropped, and as an added bonus, cups made out of this metal are quite attractive.
Consider a set of liquid measuring cups that offers extra features. The KitchenAid Gourmet Liquid Measuring Cups, 3-Piece is one such set. It offers three measuring cups in three different sizes (1-cup, 2-cup and 4-cup) and comes with non-slip handles that are available in a variety of colors. Home cooks will also appreciate that the cups nestle inside each other for better organization, and that they include milliliter measurement markings in addition to cups and fluid ounces.
The Liquid Measuring Cup Buying Guide
- Although a liquid measuring cup may be listed as dishwasher-safe, it’s a good idea to wash the cup by hand, as the measurement markers won’t remain intact over time after repeatedly being exposed to the high heat and vigorous cleaning process of a dishwasher.
- Liquid measuring cups made from glass are not safe to use in electromagnetic ovens.
- When going with a plastic liquid measuring cup, check to see if the measurement markings have been hot stamped, as this process ensures the markings don’t wear off prematurely.
- Examine the measuring cup’s pour spout before making a purchasing decision. You want to reduce the chance of spills and splashes occurring during the pouring process.
- Even though liquid measuring cups can technically be used to measure dry ingredients, it isn’t recommended, as you won’t be able to level off the dry ingredients like you can with dry measuring cups.
- While liquid measuring cups are specifically designed for use with water, milk, broths and other liquids, they can be used in other ways. Some reviewers report that the cups make excellent scoops for dog and cat food. You can also use them to hold craft supplies, such as buttons, glitter and sequins.
- The overall price for a liquid measuring cup is determined by the cup’s capacity, as well as the number of cups in the set. The Arrow Home Engraved Graduate Liquid Measuring Cup is more basic in design, and therefore comes with the most affordable price tag. You’ll pay a moderate price for the OXO Good Grips Angled Liquid Measuring Cup Set and the Newness Upgraded Liquid Measuring Cup. The KitchenAid Gourmet Liquid Measuring Cups, 3-Piece has the highest price tag, as it includes three specially designed cups.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide