OXO Good Grips Non-Slip Handle Liquid Measuring Cup
Last updated: June 30, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Liquid Measuring Cups and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Liquid Measuring Cup you should buy.
In our analysis, the OXO Good Grips Non-Slip Handle Liquid Measuring Cup placed 8th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Patented angled surface lets you read measurements from above. Eliminates the need to fill, check and adjust
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Liquid Measuring Cup Rankings
No kitchen is complete without a quality set of liquid measuring cups. These cups eliminate the need for “eyeballing” wet ingredients, which often leads to a dish that is too runny or too dry. Instead, at-home cooks will be able to follow the recipes of well-known chefs and bakers to produce delicious meals and mouth-watering desserts with ease.
Those who are just starting out may want to go with a liquid measuring cup that is more basic. This type of cup offers measurements of both ounces and cups and has a clear plastic construction that allows you to view the ingredient as you pour.
If you do opt for a plastic liquid measuring cup, make sure it’s BPA-free. The OXO Good Grips Angled Liquid Measuring Cup Set fits this bill. It’s also made using a patented angled surface, so you can read the measurements from above. No more bending over while pouring to keep an eye on the measurement markings.
Liquid measuring cups are also sold in other materials, like glass and stainless steel. Models constructed from a high borosilicate glass are ideal for individuals who plan on placing the cup in a microwave or on a stovetop. They are also safe for storing liquids in a refrigerator.
Food-grade stainless steel liquid measuring cups are a good buy as well. They are durable and resist rust, stains and strong odors. Stainless steel won’t break when dropped, and as an added bonus, cups made out of this metal are quite attractive.
Consider a set of liquid measuring cups that offers extra features. Some of these sets offer three measuring cups in three different sizes (1-cup, 2-cup and 4-cup) and come with non-slip handles that are available in a variety of colors. Home cooks will also appreciate that these cups nestle inside each other for better organization, and that they include milliliter measurement markings in addition to cups and fluid ounces.
- Although a liquid measuring cup may be listed as dishwasher-safe, it’s a good idea to wash the cup by hand, as the measurement markers won’t remain intact over time after repeatedly being exposed to the high heat and vigorous cleaning process of a dishwasher.
- Liquid measuring cups made from glass are not safe to use in electromagnetic ovens.
- When going with a plastic liquid measuring cup, check to see if the measurement markings have been hot stamped, as this process ensures the markings don’t wear off prematurely.
- Examine the measuring cup’s pour spout before making a purchasing decision. You want to reduce the chance of spills and splashes occurring during the pouring process.
- Even though liquid measuring cups can technically be used to measure dry ingredients, it isn’t recommended, as you won’t be able to level off the dry ingredients like you can with dry measuring cups.
- While liquid measuring cups are specifically designed for use with water, milk, broths and other liquids, they can be used in other ways. Some reviewers report that the cups make excellent scoops for dog and cat food. You can also use them to hold craft supplies, such as buttons, glitter and sequins.
- The overall price for a liquid measuring cup is determined by the cup’s capacity, as well as the number of cups in the set. Cups that are more basic in design naturally come with the most affordable price tag. You’ll pay a moderate price for the OXO Good Grips Angled Liquid Measuring Cup Set. The sets with the highest price tag usually include three specially designed cups.