Ovente 2200-Watt Lightweight Ionic Powerful Hair Dryer
Last updated date: May 14, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Powerful Hair Dryers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Powerful Hair Dryer you should buy.
In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the Ovente Ovente Iconic 2200-Watt Hair Dryer placed 10th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 22, 2020:
Checkout The Best Powerful Hair Dryer for a detailed review of all the top powerful hair dryers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Get that confidently beautiful “just left the salon” feeling—everyday! Equipped with a weight-balanced 2200-Watts AC motor, Ovente hair dryers are not only powerful enough for professional use, they are also quite versatile and sleek in design. They are built with multiple features that reduce drying time while leaving your hair smooth, shiny, moisturized, healthy, and absolutely frizz-free. These include: CERAMIC COATING: Has heat control technology that distributes heat evenly while minimizing heat damage onto your hair. It also helps dry the hair faster. IONIC TECHNOLOGY: helps hair break down water molecules by neutralizing positive (+) ions in the hair, reducing frizz and restoring a beautiful glow that makes your hair look hydrated and well-conditioned. TOURMALINE TECHNOLOGY: Emits negative (-) ions, transforming hair into a smooth and super shiny state. It has a gemstone coating that smooths hair by sealing the cuticle and the remaining moisture, leaving your hair frizz-free. 2 SPEEDS & 3 HEAT SETTINGS: Low heat setting is perfect for thin, fine hair while the high heat setting is great for thick, coarse hair. COOL-SHOT BUTTON: Seals the hair cuticle to set your style, making it shinier and longer-lasting. As a bonus, this Ovente hair dryer includes 2 concentrator nozzles that are perfect for specific and efficient styling. The wide nozzle is essential for drying thick, long hair. Its wide length expands the airflow, helping your hair dry faster. The narrow nozzle is great for drying bangs and styling frizzy, wavy, and curly hair. Its narrowness creates a faster and more concentrated airflow, which results in a more polished finish. It also includes a travel bag, removable filter, an extra-long cord (89.5 in), and an ALCI safety plug which has a built-in ground-fault interrupter to prevent electric shock
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Powerful Hair Dryers
The market for hair dryers continues to increase and is expected to reach a volume of over 280 million pieces by 2025. This figure makes sense, as hair dryers have become an essential grooming tool. When in the market for a new hair dryer, you’ll want to look for one with a powerful motor.
Start off searching for a powerful hair dryer that can dry your hair quickly. For example, the Crystal Rabbit 2200-Watt Mini Hair Dryer produces a super strong wind to significantly reduce drying time. It also comes with three heat settings and two speed settings, so you can customize the hair dryer to meet your specific needs.
Next, make sure the hair dryer is designed to leave your hair feeling soft and looking smooth. The BaBylissPRO Portofino 2000-Watt Hair Dryer is able to accomplish this thanks to its nano titanium ionic technology. This technology is also responsible for reducing frizz and eliminating static electricity.
Consider how often you travel. A powerful hair dryer that is also lightweight, like the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer, is best. It won’t weight down your suitcase, yet you still get all the perks of a powerful motor with ultra-fast drying capabilities. The Dyson even comes equipped with heat shield technology, so known of the dryer’s surfaces become hot to the touch. You may even find a company that provides a complimentary carry bag with their hair dryer.
When trying to decide between two models, go with the one that offers a few extra features. For example, the TREZORO Professional 2200-Watt Tourmaline Hair Dryer comes with two attachments. It also runs quietly and has a detachable rear filter for easy cleaning.
DWYM Fun Fact
Hair dryers have greatly evolved over the years. The first model was invented by Frenchman Alexander Godefroy in 1890. His version used heat to dry hair, but it didn’t blow air like today’s models. You may be surprised to learn that it actually took 30 years before Godefroy’s hair dryer was actually sold commercially.
In between the time that Godefroy created and sold his hair dryer, another inventor made his way on the scene. American Gabriel Kanzajian designed the first portable hair dryer that added the element of air. It was his hair dryer that was improved upon by other inventors over the years. Today, we have powerful hair dryers available for purchase with up to 2,000 watts of heat and quick drying times.
The Powerful Hair Dryer Buying Guide
- Pay attention to button placement when considering a powerful hair dryer. Users report that some models have the on/off buttons o close together that you may hit the wrong button on accident. Others state that certain models have speed and heat buttons in a location that is hard to reach.
- It’s important to properly maintain your hair dryer to extend its life. Before you begin cleaning the hair dryer, make sure it is unplugged and powered off. If there’s a filter, you either need to clean it under running water or replace it with a new one. A rag moistened with a little dish soap and water is all you need to wipe down the outside of the hair dryer.
- Always follow the warning labels on your hair dryer to prevent electric shock. You’ll also want to examine the hair dryer’s cord before each use. If the cord is frayed or damaged in any way, do not use the dryer. Replace it immediately with a new one.
- Opt for a ceramic or tourmaline powerful hair dryer if you have thin hair or hair that is more fragile. You don’t want your hair to overheat and become damaged.
- Did you know that your hair dryer comes in handy for tasks other than simply drying your hair? It can help you remove stickers, inflate an air mattress, frost a cake and thaw ice cream.
- You’ll find the cost for a powerful hair dryer covers a wide price range. The design, incorporated technology and number of settings and attachments plays a big role in the product’s overall price. You’ll pay the least for the TREZORO Professional 2200-Watt Tourmaline Hair Dryer and the Crystal Rabbit 2200-Watt Mini Hair Dryer, while the BaBylissPRO Portofino 2000-Watt Hair Dryer is moderately priced. The Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is one of the more expensive models on the market, thanks to its unique design and added heat shield technology.