Outward Hound PoochPouch Front Carrier Dog Backpack
Last updated date: November 12, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dog Backpacks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dog Backpack you should buy.
Editor's Note April 16, 2021:
Checkout The Best Dog Backpack for a detailed review of all the top dog backpacks.
In our analysis, the Outward Hound Outward Hound PoochPouch Front Carrier Dog Backpack placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Your dog's height when seated and weight are most important measurements when it comes to choosing the best size carrier. Measure your dog's height when seated (from the paws to the base of their neck) and consult our sizing guide to find the best size carrier for your dog. Please refer the image on "how to measure" guidelines. Multiple sizes – ideal for carrying small (up to 10 lbs.) to select medium (up to 20 lbs.) sized dogs. Small 12" High when sitting, 7" Wide. Medium 15" High when sitting, 10" Wide. Lightweight, mesh siding helps keep your dog cool,Water resistant nylon fabric for added durability. An interior safety harness provides added security and comfortably clips to the dog's collar. Carrier is intended to fit snugly so as to contain your pet safely. Remember that this is intended for seated pets to ensure safe travel.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dog Backpacks
Dog backpacks are great for bringing pets along on walks and hikes, and some can serve double-duty as carriers in your car or truck. Before buying one, measure and weigh your pet and look for backpacks that meet those size specifications. If your dog is at the top of the weight or size range, you may want to go up a size for their comfort.
Decide on what you will be using the backpack for. It can be difficult to carry a big dog in a heavy backpack on a long hike.
Some of the backpacks on the market are more suited for transporting pets, while others are great for walking long distances. Strong and padded shoulder straps will also keep you more comfortable when you are out exploring.
The Dog Backpack Buying Guide
- Safety features are very important for dog carrier backpacks. Be sure that the backpack has a place to attach the collar, otherwise, your dog might jump out and run away.
- Comfort is also key. Look for backpacks that have soft areas for your pet to relax.
- Like babies, dogs like that snuggly feeling of being next to a warm human body. Just make sure to allow them enough room to move around.
- To find your dog’s height, measure from the floor up onto the top of his or her shoulders. For girth, measure over their shoulders, behind the front legs and back up again.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide