Ourea Organic Cooling Cotton Weighted Blanket for Kids, 7-Pounds
Last updated date: August 31, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as August 31, 2022:
Checkout The Best Weighted Blanket For Kids for a detailed review of all the top .
With this weighted blanket for kids, your little one will sleep soundly throughout the night. The blanket provides 7 pounds of pressure that is evenly distributed across the body, so that you feel like you're being hugged. The beads used in this blanket offer a cooling effect, which means you won't overheat when you use it during the hot summer months.
In our analysis of 61 expert reviews, the Ourea Organic Cooling Cotton Weighted Blanket for Kids, 7-Pounds placed 8th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
DEEP NATURAL SLEEP. Ourea weighted blanket simulates a gentle hug that wraps around you, which would reduce your tossing and turning at least 92%, making you fall asleep faster. COOLING YOUR BODY. Ourea weighted blankets are made of 100% organic 400 TC Egyptian cotton fabric, breathable natural, and filled with cooling glass beads, you can sleep well all night in hot summer. UNIQUE DESIGN. Ourea weighted blanket has a unique 7-layer structure to prevent the beads from leaking out. You don’t have to worry about waking up in the morning just like sleeping on the beach. HOW TO CHOOSE. Usually 10% of your body weight is the weight you should choose, 10 lbs weight is intended for individuals weighing about 80 lbs -120 lbs. A weighted blanket is supposed to on the top of the mattress and should not go over the edges of the bed, which can use longer. EXECELLENT SERVICE. We are so confident about the quality of our products, we will refund your purchase if you are not satisfied. No questions asked!
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
A weighted blanket may help your child relax at the end of a long day. Weighted blankets are heavy blankets that are filled with materials like plastic pellets or glass beads. Being under the weight of this kind of blanket can provide a sense of security and calm for both children and adults.
There are many benefits to using a weighted blanket. The extra weight on top of the child when they sleep helps them feel as though they being hugged. This can be very soothing for children of all ages. Weighted blankets don’t just have to be used at night time. They can also provide comfort during the day if your child is having a difficult time. Sometimes, just sitting on the couch with a weighted blanket can also provide comfort.
Keep in mind that the weight of the blanket is something that needs to be right for the child’s size. Do not use an adult’s blanket on a child. Weighted blankets for children should be no more than 10% of the child’s body weight. So if your child is 50 pounds, for example, then the weighted blanket should weigh no more than 5 pounds. Before using a weighted blanket for a child, be sure to consult with your doctor. Keep in mind that children under one year of age should not use a weighted blanket. When buying a weighted blanket, look for one that fits your child’s body, not their whole bed. If the blanket is too big, it will get dragged towards the ground because of the extra weight. As a result, the blanket may fall off the bed, disrupting your child’s sleep and sense of comfort.
The Buying Guide
- When selecting a weighted blanket for your child, the first things to look at are the size and weight of the blanket. It’s important to ensure that the blanket is no more than 10% of your child’s body weight for safety reasons. Plus, the blanket should fit the child’s body but not be too big. If it is, it can fall to the floor and disrupt their sleep. Some weighted blankets are available in various weights starting at 5 pounds and maxing out at 23 pounds. Others measure 41 by 60 inches, and are designed for children around 80 pounds.
- In addition to the actual weight of the blanket, it’s important to look at the weight distribution. Weighted blankets are effective when the weight of the pellets inside the material is evenly distributed across the blanket. However, in some blankets, the pellets have a tendency to slide down to the edges so the weight is no longer even. Look for a model that has seams of 4 by 4-inch squares across the blanket to ensure that the pellets stay even and don’t fall down towards the edges.
- As with all children’s products, look for a weighted blanket that can be washed and easily cleaned. Many weighted blankets can be used with a duvet cover, so the outer layer can be washed when it gets dirty. Some models come with a removable cover so maintenance is headache-free.
- Keep the fabric of the blanket in mind, ensuring your child isn’t allergic to the material. A breathable fabric, like bamboo or natural cotton, ensures they won’t get too warm under it.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide