Ottertex No Stretch Outdoor Fabric By The Yard
Last updated: August 17, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Outdoor Fabrics and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Outdoor Fabric you should buy.
Great for covering your outdoor seat cushions, this fabric comes in 5-yard pieces. You can order in 1-yard, 5-yard and 10-yard pieces to get to the length you need. Each piece is 60-inches wide, so a 5-yard piece would be 60 inches wide by 180 inches long. You can choose by 32 different solid colors, including khaki, beige and wine.
In our analysis, the Ottertex No Stretch Outdoor Fabric By The Yard placed 2nd when we looked at the top 16 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Canvas Fabric 61/62″ inches wide ; Weight: 411GSM and Thickness: 0.61mm. 100% waterproof. This Fabric is 60” in width. Each order comes in 1 full length piece. For example, if you order a quantity of 5, you will receive a 5 yard piece measuring 60” x 180”. If you order a quantity of 15, you will receive a full 15 yard piece measuring 60” x 540”. 100% Polyester and No Stretch. This fabric is sold by the yard and cut to order. Thousands of yard in stock!
Outdoor Fabric Rankings
Your outdoor areas can easily become your favorite part of the house. Patios, gardens and porches give you a great area for relaxing and enjoying nature. But the sun can spoil some of the fun, exposing you to harmful UV rays and creating an uncomfortable experience.
If you’re lucky enough to have a covered outdoor area, you can at least get some shade. But if you don’t, it’s easier than ever to create your own cover, your own throw pillows or your own cushions, for example.
You can also purchase fabric that helps with your outdoor growing. Some fabric is designed to keep weeds at bay while still letting enough air and moisture through to keep your soil and vegetation healthy. Look for fabric that will do the job while still being thick and durable enough to withstand direct sunlight and extreme weather.
MORE: The Best Garden Tools
- The weave of the fabric is essential. The weave needs to be tight enough to keep UV rays out while also being open enough to let air circulate out. Having heat trapped beneath the sunshade won’t help make the outdoor area more enjoyable.
- The thickness of the fabric also matters. You’ll want a fabric that’s light enough for you to maneuver while also being strong enough to withstand storm activity.
- You should also look for fabric that’s built to be mold and mildew-resistant.
- Reinforced edges can ensure your outdoor fabric holds up over the years.
- How you hang the outdoor fabric is also important. Some are tied with ropes while others use hooks. Plan out where you’ll mount it and how you’ll ensure it stays in place before you choose your outdoor fabric.