Otdair Multi-Mode Waterproof Solar Flashlights, 2-Pack
Last updated date: March 20, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Solar Flashlights and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Solar Flashlight you should buy.
Update as March 20, 2023:
Checkout The Best Solar Flashlight for a detailed review of all the top solar flashlights.
Looking for the perfect gift for the outdoorsman in your life? If so, this solar flashlight set is an excellent option. You'll receive two waterproof flashlights, both of which come with five different lighting modes and the ability to illuminate an area of up to 700 feet.
In our analysis of 27 expert reviews, the Otdair Multi-Mode Waterproof Solar Flashlights, 2-Pack placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
[Multipurpose Flashlight] 500 Lumens (max) ultra bright flashlight can be adjusted bright light to the length of 700 feets. Flashlight is equipped with warning function and a rechargeable battery. [Multi-Mode] Flashlight offers 5 Light Modes,can be also adjustable intensity from high, medium and low to strobe or S.O.S. Bottom of LED Flashlight have 120DB alarm, 5 vioces protect your safety.Sidelight offers high white lights,low white lights and Red/blue strobe. [USB and Solar Energy] Solar power flashlight can be charged directly,using our USB cord,connect the flashlight and power supply.It can be charged by solar energy(may take 2-3 days up to battery full) .Flashlight is easy to carry and don’t worry out of charge. [Widely Usable] Elaborate design make road side hero flashlight is widely used in many situations.As a flashlight when you camping and hiking. As a light source when you need help. [IPX5 waterproof] Solar flashlight is made of aluminum alloy material, this bright flashlight can work normally even in rainy and cloudy days, which makes it more suitable for outside camping and hiking.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Solar Flashlights
Solar flashlights are an all-around excellent tool to have on hand, especially if you live in areas that may experience hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes or other emergencies. Charged simply by being left out in the sun or near another source of light, these ingenious devices can be literal lifesavers when a natural disaster hits or the power goes out.
There are a number of considerations when buying a solar flashlight, and, luckily, many of them are standardized by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). At the most basic level, you’ll want to look at light output, battery life, and size and weight, but you might also wish to consider beam distance, impact resistance, and weatherproofness.
Other considerations include bulb type and beam modes, as well as whether the output is regulated. A regulated output means the beam stays at peak or near-peak brightness throughout until it drops off significantly when the battery is low, rather than gradually going dimmer as the battery drains.
Solar flashlights also come in a variety of materials, sizes and shapes and relatedly, weights. Lightweight flashlights can be handy when carried for a long time, but heavier flashlights can double as impact tools (such as for breaking windows in an emergency) or even as weapons.
Finally, since solar flashlights are often geared towards outdoors or emergency applications, many add additional functionality such as blades, compasses, radios, hooks for hanging or other survival tools. Many even double as phone chargers. Look for the flashlight that best suits your anticipated needs.
The Solar Flashlight Buying Guide
- Make sure to check the efficiency of the solar panels on the flashlight. It will state how many hours it takes to get a full charge, and then how many hours of light time that yields.
- Look for sturdy materials, such as highly rated plastics and rubbers or metal. One of the standardized measures of a flashlight is its impact rating, which measures the distance it can be dropped from and still function. Use this to compare flashlights based on materials.
- Go waterproof when you can. While it’s not strictly necessary to get a flashlight that’s submersion-rated, the IPX system of splash-resistance ratings will help you tell which flashlights can operate in the rain or when flooding occurs.
- Consider the ease of operation of the on/off switch. Can you operate the flashlight in the dark or with gloves on?
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide