OT QOMOTOP Self-Inflating Camping Mattress
Last updated date: September 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Camping Mattresses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Camping Mattress you should buy.
Editor's Note September 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Camping Mattress for a detailed review of all the top camping mattresses.
Made from an eco-friendly TPU material, this camping mattress is wear-resistant. It self-inflates and rises to a height of 4 inches. Campers will appreciate how comfortable the mattress is, as well as the fact that it weighs just over 7 pounds.
In our analysis of 52 expert reviews, the OT QOMOTOP OT QOMOTOP Self-Inflating Camping Mattress placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
No Need Air Pump/Mouth to Inflate the Mattress. 4 Inches Thick 3D Self-inflating PU Foam Mattress. Cloud-level Comfort Experience:The mattress can be up to 4 inches thick when inflated, soft and comfortable, and the side sleeper can also get a comfortable experience. Lying on the mattress can experience the softness like lying on the clouds. The softness of the mattress can be adjusted by increasing or decreasing the amount of inflation to meet your ideal need for sleep. Large Size but Easy to Store: The mattress size is 80"×52", providing enough space for two people. The interior of the mattress is composed of PU foam and a certain gap, and weighs 13.8 pounds, so it is not suitable for backpacking or short-distance light travel. However, due to the inflatable design of the mattress, it can be compressed and folded to a more suitable size for storage and carrying. Compared with the traditional memory foam mattress, it is more space-saving and lightweight. Sleep Anywhere You Want: Whether you are a camping fan or a hospitable person who often has guests at home, this mattress can perfectly meet your needs. If you love family camping or traveling by car, he will bring you home-like comfort and help you relieve the fatigue of the journey. If there are frequent visitors in your home, then he will make your guests fall in love with the feeling of sleeping on it. Patented Valve & Dual-use Bag: The mattress valve adopts a patented two-way valve, which realizes one-way ventilation, avoiding the trouble of continuous influx of external air into the folding when the mat is folded. The storage bag that comes with the mattress is also an inflatable bag. You can use the bag to inflate the mattress to increase the efficiency of inflating the mattress. No air pump or mouth is needed to inflate the mattress. Environmentally Friendly and Durable: The surface of the mattress is equipped with TPU film to ensure the tightness. TPU materials are environmentally friendly, non-toxic, wear-resistant and resistant to twists and turns. The 3D wavy surface, when you lie down, can perfectly fit the body curve, eliminate the fatigue of the day, and let you enjoy the fun of camping.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Camping Mattresses
The American Institute of Stress reports that spending time outdoors is a great way to improve your mental health. That makes camping an excellent activity to escape the pressure and busyness of everyday life. Whether you’re planning a solo adventure or a family trip, you’ll need to have the necessary supplies. Perhaps the most important camping item on a person’s list is a quality mattress, as a peaceful night’s sleep is key to enjoying your time away from home.
Check the material used to construct the camping mattress first. You want to go with a model that will last, especially if you’re planning additional camping trips in the future. Some camping mattresses are made out of an eco-friendly TPU material that’s wear-resistant and less likely to puncture. The AirExpect Inflatable Camping Mattress & Pillow is designed using a waterproof .45-millimeter extra-thick PVC that also prevents leaks.
Review how high the camping mattress is able to get you up off the ground. If you’re placing the mattress in your car, you can get away with a mattress that has a height of 4 inches; however, when camping on the ground, you’ll want a model that reaches between 7 and 9 inches in height.
Consider comfort and support next, as you don’t want to wake up with sore muscles. The Better Habitat SleepReady Memory Foam Camping Mattress is an excellent choice, as its made using a memory foam that is free from mercury, lead, phthalates, fire retardants and ozone depleters. It’s also got a hypoallergenic cover that blocks dust mites, mildew and bacteria. No matter whether you sleep on your stomach, side or back, you’ll find the memory foam contours to your body. Of course, other mattresses that use a coil construction are also great at providing back support, as they work to keep your spine in alignment.
Determine how lightweight and portable the camping mattress is. You don’t want a mattress that weighs over 7 pounds if you have to carry the mattress a long distance. Go with a mattress that either has a built-in carrying handle or a storage bag with a carrying handle, as this will make getting the mattress to your campsite a much easier.
Research how much work is involved in setting up the camping mattress. You don’t want to spend a great deal of time prepping your campsite, as you’ll want to get right to all the fun. Some of the camping mattresses simply roll out, while others need to be inflated. Look for a model that self-inflates if you go this route. You don’t want to have to pack a separate pump, and (depending on where you camp) you probably won’t have access to an electrical outlet to use an electric pump.
Look for any extras that put one camping mattress above another. For example, one model may have a sturdy steel frame that supports up to 600 pounds, while others offer two built-in side tables with cupholders. There are even camping mattresses that include Velcro connectors to make the mattress longer or wider. Other models have built-in pillows, which might let you leave an extra item at home.
The Camping Mattress Buying Guide
- Check the size of the camping mattress before you buy. You can get a mattress in a child’s size, as well as a single, twin or queen size. You may want to measure your tent first to ensure that the mattress you purchase fits properly.
- If your mattress needs to be inflated, make sure you inflate it inside the tent. While you can inflate it outside of the tent, chances are it won’t fit through your tent’s front door.
- Look for a mattress that comes with a removable cover that you can clean in your washing machine. If it doesn’t have one, you can always purchase one separately, as this is the best way to protect the mattress from becoming soiled.
- Should you opt to use a sleeping bag on top of your camping mattress, keep in mind that they are rated for different temperatures. You want to get a sleeping bag that matches the climate you’ll be camping in. Lighter sleeping bags are better for summer months, while thick bags that are heavily insulated are best for fall and winter trips.
- When not in use, store your camping mattress in a cool, dry location.
- Camping mattresses are available in a wide range of prices, as they come in a variety of construction materials and include different features. The AirExpect Inflatable Camping Mattress & Pillow is one of the most affordable models on the market, while the EnerPlex No Outlet Luxury Camping Air Mattress and the WELLAX FlexFoam Self Inflating Camping Mattress have a moderate price tag. You’ll pay the most for the Better Habitat SleepReady Memory Foam Camping Mattress.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide