Orion Motor Tech Professional Mechanic Disc Brake Caliper Tool, 24-Piece
Last updated date: December 6, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Brake Caliper Tools and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Brake Caliper Tool you should buy.
Update as December 6, 2022:
Checkout The Best Brake Caliper Tool for a detailed review of all the top brake caliper tools.
If you run or work in an auto repair shop, this brake caliper tool set is for you. You'll get 24 pieces, all of which are neatly organized inside a hard plastic carrying case. The set is constructed from carbon steel and coated with a rust-proof and blasted finish.
In our analysis of 9 expert reviews, the Orion Motor Tech Professional Mechanic Disc Brake Caliper Tool, 24-Piece placed 3rd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
REQUISITE TOOL SET —- Assist in the brake pads replacement on your car, truck or 4 wheel drive disc brake vehicle and replace brake pads and rotate pistons back into the caliper when installing new brake shoes and pads, providing both right-handed and left-handed thrust bolt assemblies for easier job. UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY —- This multi disc brake caliper wind back tool kit includes 18 adapters fitting hundreds of vehicle makes and models including American, European and Japanese. See Product Description below for some of the many compatible vehicles. HEAVY-DUTY AND DURABILITY —- Solid carbon steel construction with rust-proof and blasted finish, these components will stand up to heavy use and accidental drops. Perfect for off road weekend warriors, novices, and professional mechanics. CONVENIENTLY ORGANIZATION —- Each kit includes detailed user manual with an illustrated parts diagram making operation a breeze. This kit is equipped with right and left handed thrust bolts, 2 retaining plates, 18 disc adapters, 2 rubber coater gloves, 1 user manual. ORION MOTOR TECH —- We pursue outstanding quality and professional technical support. If you are not satisfied with this product or if you have any question, please feel free to let us know.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Brake Caliper Tools
You don’t need a professional mechanic to change the brake pads on your car. You just need a quality set of tools that will help you get the job done. One of the most important tools you’ll need to buy for this task is a brake caliper tool. It’s designed to retract the pistons to prevent damaging them while you remove and replace the brake pads. If you’re in the market for this tool, this buying guide will help you with your search.
Check the brake caliper tool’s construction materials first, so you know you’re buying a set that is designed to last. For example, the Orion Motor Tech Professional Disc Brake Caliper Tool, 24-Pc is made from carbon steel and is coated with a rust-proof and blasted finish.
Review which cars the brake caliper tool is compatible with. You don’t want to pay good money for a tool, only to find out that it doesn’t work on your car’s make and model. Some tools come with a wide variety of adapters, which means that they will work on almost every car out there. Of course, there are still a few exceptions, so make sure you take the time to review the compatibility guide first.
Look for a brake caliper tool that rotates a full 360-degrees. This is an important feature, as it allows you to work on the brake pads from any angle. Not only do certain models come with the 360-degree swing, but they also have an extended reversing lever. This feature allows you to switch from spreading to retracting rather quickly.
Consider any other benefits the brake caliper tool has to offer. For example, there are models that come with their own storage case, as well as tools that provide an ergonomic handle for comfort and wrist fatigue prevention. You’ll even come across brake caliper tools with a centrally located ratchet to prevent the misalignment of the pistons.
The Brake Caliper Tool Buying Guide
- When operating the brake caliper tool, you’ll don’t need to squeeze the handle hard. In fact, squeezing the handle slowly is best, as the caliper will not want to move easily otherwise. If the tool requires more than a moderate amount of pressure to operate, there is probably something wrong with it. You can take it to a mechanic for repair.
- Keep your brake caliper tool protected when not in use to extend its life. Some of these tools are sold with a storage case, while others are not. If you don’t have a carry case to place the tool in, you can use a toolbox, tool chest or even a multipurpose heavy-duty case.
- Consider investing in a tube of stainless steel wipes. You can use these to wipe down your brake caliper tool after each use. Not only do these wipes clean and leave the tool with a nice shine, but they also repel dust and dirt. WD-40 also works, if that’s what you have on hand.
- Design, construction materials and extra features all play a role in the overall price of a brake caliper tool. The Orion Motor Tech Professional Disc Brake Caliper Tool, 24-Pc is affordably priced. You’ll pay the most for tools that come with multiple pieces and a heavy-duty plastic storage case.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide