ORIJEN Puppy Large High-Protein & Grain Free Dry Dog Food
Last updated date: August 25, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Orijen Dog Food and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Orijen Dog Food you should buy.
Update as August 25, 2020:
Checkout The Best Orijen Dog Food for a detailed review of all the top orijen dog food.
Orijen dog food believes in a biologically appropriate diet, which is why this formula includes quality animal meat, organs, cartilage and bone. This formula is designed to meet the needs of growing puppies of large dog breeds. Each of the ingredients used were chosen to promote a healthy body weight, while also reducing the amount of stress put on joints and bones.
In our analysis of 47 expert reviews, the ORIJEN Puppy Large Grain Free Dry Dog Food placed 4th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Orijen’s Biologically Appropriate puppy large food nourishes your dog as nature intended by focusing on their biological need for a meat-packed, protein-rich diet. Modern puppies are built like their ancestors, and Orijen believes they should eat like them too. This large-breed puppy food is brimming with fresh, free-run chicken and turkey, whole wild-caught Fish, and cage-free eggs, delivering a high-protein recipe that supports large-breed muscle mass while promoting a healthy weight and reducing stress on developing bones and joints. Unlike conventional dog food, 2/3 of the animal proteins in this diet are fresh or raw, so each bite is bursting with nutritional goodness and taste. Orijen pet food strives to give your dog the most Biologically Appropriate and nourishing diet possible. Prepared exclusively in orijen’s privately owned dog Star kitchen, This delicious food features fresh, regional ingredients that are harvested by people We know and trust, and delivered to our kitchen fresh or raw. Orijen foods Also follow the wholeprey philosophy, featuring whole Animal ingredients that mirror what an animal would eat in nature., including meat, organs, and cartilage or bone, with none of the gluten, potato, or tapioca that typify conventional dog food. The result is a protein-rich dog food that’s loaded with a variety of fresh and raw animal ingredients to keep your canine companion happy, healthy, and thriving.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Orijen Dog Food
There’s nothing more important than picking a brand of dog food that will provide your best friend with the sustenance he needs to lead a long healthy life. Orijen dog food is an excellent choice, as the company takes great care to only include high-quality ingredients in their formula. Each of the ingredients are locally-sourced, so you always know what you’re getting when buy from Orijen.
All of the Orijen dog food formulas are high in protein and made using 85% quality animal ingredients. They incorporate both fresh and raw parts, including the meat, organs, cartilage and bone. The formulas are free of any grains, which is perfect for dogs who have a gluten intolerance or an allergy to grains.
If you have a large breed puppy at home, you’ll want to start off with the ORIJEN Puppy Large Grain Free Dry Dog Food. This bag is designed to provide growing pups with the ingredients they need to develop a healthy body weight. The formula also incorporates just the right amount of calories and minerals, so that there isn’t too much stress on your puppy’s joints and bones.
Adult dog owners will find two Orijen formulas to choose from. The ORIJEN Tundra Grain-Free Adult Dry Dog Food is an excellent choice for most canines. It’s made using whole animal ingredients from wild boar, ranch-raised venison, free-run duck and ranch-raised mutton. Should you need to keep an eye on your dog’s weight, go with the ORIJEN Fit & Trim Grain-Free Adult Dry Dog Food instead. It uses leaner meats, like free-run chicken and turkey, wild-caught fish and cage-free eggs.
Older dogs would do better with the ORIJEN Adult Senior Grain-Free Dry Dog Food. It’s designed to be both trimming and nourishing to keep your pet fit and healthy during his final years.
In addition to dog food, Orijen also has a line of dog treats. The treats come in three delicious flavors: duck, boar and lamb. Since the treats are freeze-dried raw, they crumble easily in the mouth of your pet. In fact, one reviewer compared the texture of the treats to astronaut ice cream. You may wish to use the treats as a reward for potty training or learning a new trick.
The Orijen Dog Food Buying Guide
- You’ll need to grab a pair of scissors and slice across the top of the bag. Afterward, you can use a food storage clip to close the bag or transfer the dog food to an airtight pet food storage container. These containers are designed to be easy to open and will keep your food nice and fresh.
- It’s a good idea to get your veterinarian’s opinion on any dog food you plan on feeding your canine, especially if your pup has any known allergies. The veterinarian will also be able to recommend the amount of food you should be feeding your dog each day based on the brand’s ingredients, the size of your dog and your dog’s breed.
- When switching to Orijen dog food from another brand, you’ll need to introduce it gradually to prevent any possible gastric upset. The company recommends starting off by mixing 25% Orijen dog food with 75% of your old dog food. Once your pup is used to this amount, you can increase the mixture to 50% Orijen and 50% old food. When your dog is ready, begin using a combination of 75% Orijen and 25% old food. The last stage is feeding your furry friend 100% Orijen.
- When comparing the price of the different dog food bags, you’ll need to determine the price per ounce, as some bags hold more food than others. The ORIJEN Fit & Trim Grain-Free Adult Dry Dog Food, ORIJEN Adult Senior Grain-Free Dry Dog Food and the ORIJEN Puppy Large Grain Free Dry Dog Food are all similarly priced. You’ll pay a bit more per ounce for the ORIJEN Tundra Grain-Free Adult Dry Dog Food.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide