Oreck XL Commercial Upright
Last updated date: November 15, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Vacuums and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Vacuum you should buy.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The Oreck XL Commercial Upright Vacuum is a commercial grade vacuum that offers all the power and performance you expect from an Oreck. This versatile upright makes it easy to keep your business clean. It gets up close to cabinets and baseboards and fits easily under most furniture, clothes racks, chairs and desks. It can be used on all surfaces including carpet, wood, laminate and tile with no manual height adjustment. Weighing about 9 pounds, it's lightweight and covers a 12" wide area which makes cleaning easy and quick. It has the exclusive Microsweep feature that allows you to switch from carpet to bare floors with no adjustments and a 630 cubic inch “top fill” bag. Cord guard prevents cord damage. Fingertip-controlled on/off switch. Ingenious top-fill design ensures no loss of suction and keeps power at maximum even while bag fills. This model comes with a 1-year commercial warranty as well as a 1-year warranty on the belt.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Vacuums
Did you know that 98% of households have a vacuum cleaner and that the sale of these vacuums reached $4.6 billion in 2019? The figure is expected to grow each year by 2%. It’s no wonder why this tool is so popular, as most vacuums are now designed to be used on all floor types, not just carpet. If you’re in the market for a new vacuum, consider the following features:
Look for a model that is easy to operate that doesn’t require great force when you need to change direction. The Shark Rotator Lift Away Anti-Allergy NV501 uses Rotator Technology Enhanced Swivel Steering, so you can move the vacuum in a new direction with just the twist of your wrist. Swivel technology also makes it easier to reach spots a standard vacuum can’t.
Check that the vacuum has a HEPA filter if you or anyone in your home suffers from allergies. The Shark Navigator Anti-Allergy NV360 not only has a HEPA filter, but it also utilizes Anti Allergen Complete Seal Technology to get rid of 99.9% of dust and allergens.
Review the capacity of the vacuum’s dust cup. The larger the capacity, the more the likelihood that you’ll be able to complete this household chore without having to stop and empty the cup. You’ll also want to make sure that the dust cup is easy to remove. Many models now make it so you can remove the dust cup with the press of just one button.
Consider a vacuum specifically designed for use in homes with pets if you have a cat or dog living in your house. The Bissell Cleanview Upright Bagless 2252, for example, comes with a triple action brush roll and scatter-free technology to skillfully clean up pet hair and spilled food. As an added bonus, BISSELL donates money to the BISSELL Pet Foundation from every sale.
Determine how portable you need the vacuum to be. The MOOSOO Cordless Handheld Vacuum is lightweight, weighing just 3.3 pounds. Not only is this vacuum light as a feather, but it also doesn’t require the use of a cord. Once it’s been fully charged, it can be operated for as long as 35 minutes. That’s plenty of time to clean several rooms within your home, if not all of them.
Finally, take a look at any extra features or tools that come with the vacuum cleaner. Does it have an ergonomic handle, an upholstery tool, a pet brush or a wand that extends your reach so you can vacuum cobwebs out of corners? These added features may help you come to a final decision if you’re debating between two models.
DYWM Fun Fact
The earliest vacuums were not as easy to use as today’s modern versions. In fact, many of the early models actually required two people to use them to successfully get the carpets cleaned. The vacuums didn’t have motors, and therefore, would only work after the user first cranked the handle that initiated the belt-driven fan.
If you have an interest in learning how vacuums have evolved over the year, plan a visit to one of several vacuum cleaner museums. There’s the Vacuum Cleaner Museum of Portland, Oregon, the Vacuum Cleaner Museum of North Canton, Ohio, and the Vacuum Cleaner Museum of Rolla, Missouri.
The Vacuum Buying Guide
- Money-back guarantees and product warranties are common among vacuum cleaner sales. You’ll find some companies even offer both, such as the MOOSOO Cordless Handheld Vacuum, which has a 45-day money-back and 24-month worry-free warranty.
- It’s good practice to empty your vacuum’s dust cup after each use. You’ll also want to schedule a good cleaning of the dust cup once a month. All you need is a little dish soap and hot water to get the job done. You can dry the unit with a lint-free cloth or allow it to air dry before you attach it back to the vacuum.
- When hair begins to wrap around the bottom brushes of your vacuum, you may find it difficult to remove the hair with traditional scissors. A little trick is to use a seam ripper to completely untangle and remove the hair with less effort.
- Wiping underneath the vacuum occasionally with rubbing alcohol is good practice, as this helps to disinfect the area.
- If your vacuum cleaner has filters, you’ll want to keep an eye on them. Foam filters can be rinsed clean, while other types must be replaced from time to time. Your vacuum’s user manual will give you a suggestion as to how often to wash or replace any filters.
- There are a lot of factors involved in the price of vacuum cleaners, such as the number of features, the inclusion of accessories and the weight of the vacuum. You’ll also find certain brands are more expensive than others. For example, the Shark Navigator Anti-Allergy NV360 and the Shark Rotator Lift Away Anti-Allergy NV501 are higher priced than the MOOSOO Cordless Handheld Vacuum and the Bissell Cleanview Upright Bagless 2252.