Ordekcity Dishwasher Safe Cherry Pitter
Last updated date: December 31, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cherry Pitters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cherry Pitter you should buy.
Editor's Note December 31, 2020:
Checkout The Best Cherry Pitter for a detailed review of all the top cherry pitters.
With this cherry pitter, you'll be able to remove the pits from six cherries at once. A simple press with either your fingers or the palm of your hand is all it takes to work this handy device. The pitter also comes with a sliding lock for safe storage when not in use.
In our analysis of 68 expert reviews, the Ordekcity Ordekcity Dishwasher Safe Cherry Pitter placed 3rd when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Convenient Cherry Pitter: Pit up to 6 cherries quickly, just press down with no hand fatigue. Perfect Tool: This cherry pitter pits cherries without bruising and wasting fruit. Ideal for any size of cherries. Easy to Clean: Disassembles for cleaning and locks tightly for storage. Keep your kitchen clean. Dishwasher safe. Durability: Made of food-grade silicone to guarantee safety and extra durability. Warranty: The cherry pitter enjoys 30 days money back and 12-month worry-free warranty.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cherry Pitters
Whether you enjoy baking fresh cherry pies, creating your own homemade jam or preparing Shirley Temples to share with a few friends, you’ll want to invest in a cherry pitter. This handy kitchen tool does all the hard work for you, while also significantly cutting down your food prep time.
Before selecting a cherry pitter, you’ll need to determine how many cherries you typically use in a recipe. If you don’t bake that often or you only create dishes that call for a small number of cherries, then a simple single pitter will do. Avid bakers and canners, however, will want to opt for a model that can de-stone multiple cherries at a time.
Most cherry pitters are manual. Some require more pressure than others to operate. Individuals with arthritis or other types of joint pain will want to look for a cherry pitter like the Progressive Prepworks Cherry-It Cherry Pitter. This unit has a non-skin bottom to hold it in place. It also requires little effort to remove the pits from the cherries.
To reduce the amount of mess in your kitchen, you may want to go with a cherry pitter that has a splatter guard. Otherwise, some juice may squirt out from the cherry as the inner prongs dislodge the pit. The OXO Good Grips Cherry & Olive Pitter is one model that offers this protection.
Another important feature to keep an eye out for is a removable base that catches the pits as they are released from the cherry pitter. For example, the Ordekcity Dishwasher Safe Cherry Pitter has a large container attached to the pitter. After you’ve finished removing the pits from your cherries, you can release the container and empty it into a trash can.
Individuals who live in a small apartment or have limited storage would do well with a compact cherry pitter. The pitter may even come in a decorative box that would make it a great housewarming gift.
The Cherry Pitter Buying Guide
- If your cherry pitter doesn’t have a splash guard, you’ll need to hold it over a bowl or kitchen sink. It’s also advisable that you not wear white, as any juice that gets on your clothes can leave a stain.
- It is important to note that cherry pitters made using white plastic can become stained by the red cherry juice.
- Store pitters with sharp shears away from the reach of small children.
- Some chutes are too low for use with tall bowls.
- Take a look at the cherry pitter’s chute and choose one based on the size of the cherries you typically buy, as large cherries and olives can get stuck in a small chute, while small cherries fall right through large chutes.
- Review the product label to determine who to best clean the cherry pitter. While some are dishwasher safe, others must be hand washed using dish soap and water.
- Both the construction material and the number of cherries a cherry pitter can handle at one time affect the overall price of a stoner. Since the Progressive Prepworks Cherry-It Cherry Pitter is made out of plastic, it costs a bit less than the OXO Good Grips Cherry & Olive Pitter, which is made out of iron. You’ll find the units that remove multiple pits at once tend to have similar prices.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide