Oral Mart Strapped Lacrosse Mouthguard With Vented Case
Last updated date: June 11, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Lacrosse Mouthguards and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Lacrosse Mouthguard you should buy.
Don't want to risk losing your mouthguard during a high-stakes game? This lacrosse mouthguard comes with a strap that can be wrapped around your head gear. It's BPA-free, easy to mold and comes with a complimentary storage case. In our analysis of 19 expert reviews, the Oral Mart Oral Mart Strapped LAX Mouthguard With Vented Case placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 2, 2020:
Checkout The Best Lacrosse Mouthguard for a detailed review of all the top lacrosse mouthguards.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Over the years, Oral Mart has been producing various designs and types of sports mouth guards for different recreational, team, and combat-based sports. With our premium sports mouth guards, we have been able to prevent and minimize the damages that our customers would have sustained in their various sports. We deal in a wide range of sports mouth guards. Our mouth guards are customized to fit all dental arrangements, giving people the comfort they desire. We give protection to one of the vital organs, the mouth, priority, and we have a massive collection of mouth guards for karate, martial arts, football, basketball, boxing, MMA, Ice hockey, rugby,BJJ. Our sports mouth guards pass all safety tests, and they have been subjected to a rigorous testing to ensure that we continue to supply quality guards to our clients. Any mouth guard you decide to buy from us is 100% safe to use and BPA free. And they come with 100% no question asked money back guarantee. The benefits of custom fitted mouth guards are that they’re better able to mitigate the trauma to an athlete’s head, sustained by any type of violent impact, because of the shock absorption in the cushioning of the mouthpiece that’s properly fitted to that athlete’s mouth. Further, in those instances where an athlete still does sustain some level of head trauma even while wearing a mouth guard, wearing said mouth guard can significantly reduce the severity of the symptoms from the injury, especially in comparison to those who either did not wear one, or wore an ill-fitting guard. Oral Mart proudly represents one of the premier online retailers of mouth guards that are customized for each individual’s usage. Our sports mouth guards are perfect for any athlete choosing to participate in recreational sports, team sports, or combat-based sports. While injuries are an inherent part of each one of these activities, what you can do to better prevent any of those injuries, or mitigate the severity of those, is something that we’re proud to assist with.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Lacrosse Mouthguards
Mouthguards are responsible for so much more than just preventing injury to your teeth. They actually help protect your jaw and soft tissues and may even decrease your chances of suffering a concussion. If you play a contact sport, like lacrosse, you’ll need to purchase a mouthguard before you set foot on the field.
Lacrosse players who currently wear orthodontics will need a special mouthguard that fits over their braces. The Shock Doctor Double Braces Lacrosse Mouthguard is an excellent choice. It’s made from a medical-grade silicone using an ergonomic design that fits directly over the braces without requiring any special molding. The silicone is also comfortable against teeth and gums and free of BPA and latex.
Athletes who don’t wear braces will have a wider selection available to them. For example, the SISU Aero Lacrosse Mouthguard comes in three different sizes and 16 different colors. Small is the best choice for individuals under 5 feet in height, while medium is for players who fall between 5 and 6 feet. Anyone taller than 6 feet would need to order a large.
Lacrosse players who don’t want to risk losing their mouthguards in the middle of a game may want to consider a model that has an attached strap, like the Oral Mart Strapped LAX Mouthguard With Vented Case. This strap wraps around the bar of your headgear, so that if the mouthguard got knocked loose, it would simply hang from the bar.
Consider going with a lacrosse mouthguard that has a little something extra to offer. The Redline Sportswear Custom Molded Lacrosse Mouthguard comes with a ventilated storage case that has an attached carabiner. This feature allows you to quickly clip the case to a backpack or equipment bag.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that 39% of all dental injuries occur while participating in some type of sport? In fact, teeth-related sports injuries cost approximately $500 million per year to repair. If the impact during play is bad enough, it may also result in the player’s tongue or cheek suffering damage. This is why mouthguards are a must during contact sports, like lacrosse.
It’s believed that 200,000 dental injuries are actually prevented each year throughout the United States when players actively use their mouthguards. Mouthguards work by absorbing the energy from a rough blow and by providing the extra cushioning needed to keep teeth from being knocked loose.
The Lacrosse Mouthguard Buying Guide
- It’s important that you take care to follow the lacrosse mouthguard’s molding instructions exactly, as the material can fold over onto itself during the molding process. Typically, the molding process involves placing the lacrosse mouthgaurd in boiling water for a designed period of time and then moving it to a bowl of cold water for a few seconds. Next, the player needs to align and bite down on the mouthguard while sucking out excess water and air. After waiting the recommended amount of time, the mouthguard can be removed.
- If you don’t get a perfect fit the first time you attempt to mold your mouthguard, you can repeat the process and try again.
- Thinner mouthguards aren’t always ideal, as one can bite through them during a crash.
- Not all mouthguards are created for athletes with braces, so check the product packaging for compatibility if you wear orthodontics.
- Every time you use your lacrosse mouthguard, you’ll need to clean it. After rinsing the mouthguard with a little cold water, brush it gently using a mild soap and a toothbrush. Once you have the mouthguard clean, you need to rinse it again and place it in a ventilated mouthguard container for safe storage.
- Heat damages molded mouthguards, so you’ll need to store the mouthguard in a cool dry location. Keep it out of the path of direct sunlight and never clean it with hot water.
- The price for a lacrosse mouthguard varies slightly based on design, size and the intended user. Both the Redline Sportswear Custom Molded Lacrosse Mouthguard and the Oral Mart Strapped LAX Mouthguard With Vented Case are extremely affordable options. Players will pay a moderate price for the Shock Doctor Double Braces Lacrosse Mouthguard. The SISU Aero Lacrosse Mouthguard is able to command the highest price, as it offers a custom fit and over 16 color choices.