Optix 55 UV Protection Polarized Sunglasses for Men
Last updated date: November 28, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Men's Polarized Sunglasses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Men's Polarized Sunglasses you should buy.
Update as November 28, 2022:
Checkout The Best Men’s Polarized Sunglasses for a detailed review of all the top men's polarized sunglasses.
Featuring a classic design that has changed little over the years, these square frames fit anyone well. The men's polarized sunglasses are lightweight and sturdy, with an anti-reflective coating in your choice of color to reduce glare. You can stow them safely in the included case.
In our analysis, the Optix 55 Optix 55 UV Protection Polarized Sunglasses for Men placed 11th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Plastic frame. Plastic lens. Polarized. UV Protection Coating coating. Lens width: 70 millimeters. PROTECT YOUR EYES WITH POLARIZED SUNGLASSES. The excellent quality polarized lenses of these mens sunglasses makes them the best choice to protect your eyes against the harmful UV rays. Apart from shielding your eyes from the sun, they also reduce glare, reduce eyestrain, and promote clearer vision even in bright light. REVO COATING FOR EXTRA PROTECTION. The Optix 55 men’s sun glasses are REVO coated to provide advanced UV protection and reduce reflections for better vision. The colored coating also adds a great touch of style to your trendy glasses. With 3 eye-catching coat colors to choose from Gold, Red, Dark Blue. ULTRA DURABLE + LIGHTWEIGHT + COMFORTABLE = WINNER – Made of strong plastic material with a rubber finish effect, the frame and the temples of these big sunglasses are super durable and yet lightweight and comfortable to wear. The plastic hinges and the keyhole nose bridge also ensure great fit on any face type! Lens width – 70 millimeters. TIMELESS DESIGN FOR TRENDY LOOKS. These square sunglasses for men with their elegant black frame and colored lenses will never fall out of fashion! Great to wear with your holiday and casual outfits. these fashion sunglasses will soon be your favorite fashion accessory. Plus, you will receive a BONUS protective case to keep them always within your arm’s reach. ORDER THE MOST STYLISH SUNGLASSES FOR MEN WITH CONFIDENCE. Join the community of thousands people that have trusted Optix 55 for their high quality sunglasses. Backed up by a cast-iron 30-Day Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee, you have nothing to worry about. Get ready to enjoy the sun in style – Order Yours Today!
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Men's Polarized Sunglasses
If you’re choosing polarized sunglasses, you want your eyes to be protected in high-glare situations such as when you’re on the water or in the snow. Polarized sunglasses have a chemical applied to them that absorbs horizontal light waves (reflections) while allowing in vertical ones (direct light). Thus, the light you see is a touch darker, but is also crisper and more detailed.
When choosing polarized sunglasses, you’ll want to consider the tint color of the lens, the optical and physical properties of the lens (distortion, scratch-resistance), whether or not the lens has coatings (such as anti-reflective), and the amount of light the lens lets in. If the sunglasses list a protection index number, you want at least a category 2.
Choosing a pair of polarized sunglasses online can be challenging because you can’t try them on. However, you can work around that challenge with a little research. A website that sells glasses will offer information to help you determine what frames look best on your face shape, and some may offer virtual tools to assist in that process.
However, you shouldn’t feel constrained to what experts say will flatter your face shape. Most glasses frames can look good on anyone, and you shouldn’t limit yourself if you prefer something different.
You’ll also want to factor in price. All polarized sunglasses will offer adequate UV protection, but more expensive ones might have better materials and higher quality overall. They may offer a better visual experience and last longer — but, if you lose sunglasses easily, such advantages may not matter.
The Men's Polarized Sunglasses Buying Guide
- Not all ultraviolet rays from the sun are the same. Likewise, not all items meant to protect you against UV rays are the same. You want sunglasses that will block out both UV-A and UV-B rays.
- UV-A is similar to blacklight. It’s what causes tanning, but also results in premature aging to skin and damage to skin cells.
- UV-B is a small but dangerous portion of natural sunlight, and can cause eye strain and sunburn. It is thought to be the main culprit behind skin cancer.
- UV-C light is absorbed by the ozone layer, so it does not threaten us. Humans use it as a disinfectant.
- UV-A and UV-B light can, over time, lead to macular degeneration, cataracts, pterygium, and temporary blindness if eyes aren’t protected.
- Some sunglasses come with a UV number, such as UV400. UV400 glasses block UV rays all the way up to 400 nanometers, protecting you from almost 100% of UV light.
- Watch for lenses advertised as “polarized” which actually aren’t. You can test a pair of sunglasses by looking at a shiny horizontal surface through them, then turning them 90 degrees to the side. If the lens is polarized correctly, the surface’s glare should reduce quite a bit without blotching.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide