OPTIMUM NUTRITION Organic Protein Powder
Last updated date: September 30, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Organic Proteins and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Organic Protein you should buy.
Update as October 1, 2021:
Checkout The Best Organic Protein for a detailed review of all the top organic proteins.
Thanks to its ease of use, you won't get any lumps when you mix this organic protein with water or almond milk. The product comes in 12 different flavors, including chocolate hazelnut, peppermint mocha, plant berry and chocolate peanut butter. With so many options, you're sure to find a flavor you love. If you work out regularly, you'll also benefit from the complete amino acid profile that supports muscle recovery. We found this protein powder super easy to mix.
In our analysis of 52 expert reviews, the OPTIMUM NUTRITION Organic Protein Powder placed 5th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
GOLD STANDARD 100% Plant Protein was made for active adults who care about what they eat and where their nutrients come from. By combining organic pea, brown rice and sacha inchi proteins, you benefit from a complete profile of essential amino acids to support muscle recovery. Along with 24 grams of protein, each serving delivers 100% of the Daily Value of vitamin C, provides an excellent source of vitamin B12 and includes a gluten-free complex of ancient grains and pomegranate powder. Help keep your goals and your diet on track with this USDA Certified Organic, non-GMO formula that's free of artificial colors, flavors and sweeteners.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Organic Proteins
Protein is an essential part of every human’s diet. Not only does it help build muscle, but it’s also important for boosting your immune system and burning off excess fat and calories. It even works to keep you fuller for a longer period of time, which can help prevent overeating.
Individuals looking to boost their protein intake can do so with organic protein powder. This versatile product can be mixed in with your morning oatmeal, added to your favorite smoothie or baked into a muffin. Before choosing a protein powder, there are a few things you’ll want to consider.
First, you’ll need to choose a protein base. The powder may be based on whey, casein, soy, hemp, egg or plant-based proteins. If you have certain dietary restrictions, this information is important. For example, individuals who are lactose intolerant will need to avoid whey and casein-based proteins, as they are derived from milk.
Next, look for the amount of protein in grams. Some organic protein powders offer a higher protein content than others.
Sugar isn’t good for any diet, so you’ll want to search the product label to determine the amount of sugar in the protein powder. For example, some bottles have just 1 gram. These low sugar amounts are ideal.
Some organic protein powders are designed for specific groups of people. Check to see if the product you’re interested in will meet your needs. You may notice one brand is made for sport and workout enthusiasts, while another caters to vegans. There are also keto-friendly and gluten-free protein powders.
Lastly, when buying organic protein powders, you’ll discover they come in a wide range of flavors. Keep this in mind if you plan on mixing the powder with another food. A few popular flavors include chocolate, berry, mocha and vanilla.
The Organic Protein Buying Guide
- Check to see if the organic protein powder comes with any certifications. Look for things “certified vegan,” “USDA Organic certified,” “Informed Choice certified” or “Non-GMO Project verified.” These are good indications that you’re buying a quality product.
- Always read the product label thoroughly, and be on the lookout for artificial flavors, colors and sweeteners. Sticking to all-natural flavors, colors and sweeteners is better for your body.
- It’s always a good idea to go over your eating plan with your doctor or nutritionist. Some organic protein powders have added vitamins, minerals and herbal supplements. If you’re already taking supplements, you may end up consuming more than the recommended daily dose. Additionally, some herbs interact negatively with certain medications, so it’s important to get the okay from your doctor if you take any prescription drugs.
- Always store your organic protein powder in its original container in a cool dry location. Moisture will cause the powder to spoil before the expiration date listed on the product packaging.
- Also, you’ll want to pay attention to the expiration date and use the protein powder up before the expiration date expires. The protein powder will lose its potency the longer it sits on your shelf. That means you won’t get the maximum benefits that you’re expecting.
- When determining if an organic protein powder is a good buy, you’ll need to divide the cost by the number of servings in the container. No matter how large the container, you’re sure to find a protein powder that fits your needs and your budget.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide