Ooni Fyra Portable Wood-Fired Outdoor Pizza Oven
Last updated date: September 17, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pizza Ovens and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pizza Oven you should buy.
Update as October 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Pizza Ovens for a detailed review of all the top pizza ovens.
In our analysis of 30 expert reviews, the Ooni Fyra Portable Wood-Fired Outdoor Pizza Oven placed 6th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Perfect pizza in every backyard. Ooni Fyra streamlines wood-fired cooking for a no-nonsense experience and intense flavors. The ingenious pellet hopper automatically feeds through hardwood pellets for effortless cooking. Ready to go in 15 minutes, Ooni Fyra reaches temperatures up to 932°F (500°C), cooking authentic stone-baked Neapolitan-style pizza in just 60 seconds. Ooni Fyra is the proud successor of Ooni 3, the world’s first portable pizza oven fueled by wood pellets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pizza Ovens
According to the American Pizza Community, 94% of Americans consume pizza at least once per month. If you find yourself among this statistic, you may wish to invest in a pizza oven. You’ll save big in the long run, as you’ll be able to produce restaurant-style pizza at a fraction of the cost. You also won’t have to leave any delivery drivers a tip.
As you browse the available pizza oven models, you want to look at the oven’s construction first. An oven made from stainless steel is ideal, as it doesn’t rust or retain odors. It’s also quite attractive, which is a nice bonus. The Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven fits this bill and also features a double-layered ceiling, which increases the efficiency of the oven.
Determine how easy the pizza oven is to use. The Camp Chef Artisan Pizza Oven has a built-in temperature gauge, so you always know when the oven’s reached the ideal cooking temperature. It also has an open face to make inserting, turning, and removing the pizza a breeze.
Consider a pizza oven that comes with its own pizza stone. The Green Mountain Grills Wood Fired Pizza Oven has a rectangular pizza stone that heats up quickly and then evenly distributes that heat to ensure the center is just as cooked as the pizza’s edges. Pizza stones are also able to draw moisture away from the dough to allow for a crispier crust.
If portability is important to you, you’ll want to go with a model like the Ooni Koda Gas Outdoor Pizza Oven. It operates without a grill and has three legs that rest neatly on any table or smooth surface. In addition to being compact, it’s also lightweight. You can take it to the park, use it when tailgating or bring it to a campsite.
The Pizza Oven Buying Guide
- Always check compatibility when browsing pizza ovens. While there are models that stand on their own, most are meant to be used with either a pellet grill or some other type of cooking system.
- Review the pizza oven’s maximum temperature range. Some models are only capable of reaching 500 degrees Fahrenheit, while others can go as high as 900 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Some pizza ovens are multipurpose and can also be used to roast meat, fish and a medley of vegetables. This allows you to get the most bang for your buck.
- Most pizza ovens take 15 minutes to fully heat up. If the oven you’re considering can’t match or beat that time, you’ll want to pass on purchasing it.
- Propane pizza ovens may or may not come with a small disposable propane bottle. Almost all of the units have adapters that allow you to use full-size propane tanks instead of the smaller propane bottles that don’t last long.
- A stove cover is a must if you intend on leaving your pizza oven outdoors. Of course, you can always place the unit in a garage when not in use if you don’t want to invest in a stove cover.
- Use oven mitts and a pizza peel to safely place the pizza in the oven, turn the pizza and remove it once its fully cooked.
- Pizza ovens come in a variety of price ranges. On the lower end you’ll find the Green Mountain Grills Wood Fired Pizza Oven and the Camp Chef Artisan Pizza Oven. Both the Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven and the Ooni Koda Gas Outdoor Pizza Oven cost a considerable deal more.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide