Ontel Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Cutter
Last updated date: March 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Veggie Spiral Slicers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Veggie Spiral Slicer you should buy.
If you're looking to add more vegetables to your diet, the Ontel Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Cutter is an excellent tool to help you achieve that goal. It's small and compact, so it fits nicely in a kitchen drawer. The spiralizer is also easy to use, as all you have to do is place the vegetable in the chamber and start twisting. In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the Ontel Ontel Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Cutter placed 1st when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note March 20, 2020:
Checkout The Best Veggie Spiral Slicer for a detailed review of all the top veggie spiral slicers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Ontel Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer Veggetti turns veggies into healthy spaghetti in seconds! Zucchini and squash are healthier than traditional pasta and have a delicious taste and perfect texture when sliced in the Veggetti! Veggetti allows you to cut thin spaghetti size or thick fettuccini size zucchini noodles. The secret is the 12 ultra-sharp stainless steel blades that effortlessly slice through vegetables for endless pasta strips, and works on any food that is 2.5" or smaller in diameter.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Veggie Spiral Slicers
Although you can purchase fresh and frozen spiralized vegetables at the grocery store, it’s much cheaper if you buy a veggie spiral slicer and cut the vegetables yourself. Spiralized vegetables make an excellent pasta substitution as well as a delicious salad. There are a few different models on the market, so it’s helpful to review the available features before you choose one.
Determine whether a hand model that requires you to twist the vegetable is best or a spiralizer that is more like a machine and comes with a hand crank. Hand models are great when you only have to prep for a few family members, as they are small and easy to store in a kitchen drawer. Veggie spiral slicers with hand cranks are better if you have a large group of people to cook for.
Take a look at the materials used to construct the veggie spiral slicer. Most have stainless steel blades that resist rust and stains and plastic bodies. If there are any plastic pieces, you’ll need to check to see if they are BPA-free.
Examine the interchangeable blades that come with the veggie spiral slicers that have hand cranks. The more blades that come with the unit, the more creative you can get with your recipes. Different blades allow you to make everything from angel-hair noodles to curly fries to crinkle-cut chips.
Consider any extras that may come with the veggie spiral slicers. Some include cleaning brushes, peelers and even ebooks that contain recipes. Models that have a hand crank often include a caddy to store all of the pieces, including the various blades.
DWYM Fun Fact
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) conducted a study that revealed an average of 90% of Americans were not consuming the recommended daily amount of fruits and vegetables. Since vegetables are important to a person’s overall health and the prevention of certain diseases, Americans needed inspiration and new ways to incorporate vegetables into their diet.
The veggie spiral slicer is an awesome tool to help individuals increase their vegetable consumption. Since this tool has grown in popularity over the last few years, you’ll even find entire cookbooks dedicated to using it.
The Veggie Spiral Slicer Buying Guide
- Some veggie spiral slicer chambers are on the small side, which means you’ll need to slice larger vegetables lengthwise before you can use them in the slicer.
- Hand spiralizers are not ideal for prepping veggies for large recipes, as they can cause hand strain or fatigue.
- Reviewers report that spiralizers with suction cups don’t stick to certain countertops.
- Some veggie spiral slices are dishwasher-safe, while others must be cleaned by hand. Use caution when washing the spiralizers by hand, as the blades are sharp enough to cut.
- Keep your eye out for a satisfaction guarantee or a product warranty. You may be surprised to discover some companies have a lifetime no-hassle replacement policy, as well as friendly customer support teams that will help you troubleshoot any problems.
- The price for a veggie spiral slicer varies based on how the unit is designed to operate. For example, the Ontel Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Cutter and the Vremi Vegetable Spiralizer Machine with Peeler are cheaper than the Spiralizer Vegetable Slicer with Blade Caddy & Recipes and the Brieftons Vegetable Spiral Slicer with Blade Caddy because they simply require you to twist the device versus using a machine with a hand crank.