Omples Wireless Hidden Spy Camera
Last updated: December 3, 2019
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hidden Cameras and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hidden Camera you should buy.
A stylish analog clock houses this hidden camera. Its dedicated app allows live streaming and video recording through your home's WiFi. Night vision and motion detection alarms make this an ideal nanny cam.In our analysis of 13 expert reviews, the Omples Wireless Hidden Spy Camera placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Keep an eye watching wherever you are. No more worry about thieves or bad nannies/caregivers, with Omples hidden camera, you can always keep an eye watching and protect your family.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Home Improvement Expert
Vicki Liston writes, produces, and narrates “On The Fly…DIY,” an award-winning home improvement and DIY show of unique project tutorials for the casual DIY’er.
Home improvement and all things DIY have been Liston’s passion since she bought her first house in 2007 and she started making video blogs in 2014. She’s performed hundreds of DIY projects, from small ones to major, wall-smashing renovations and can teach you how to make a trendy DIY barn door for cheap. The proceeds earned from “On The Fly…DIY” are donated to no-kill animal shelters and rescue organizations.
Hidden Camera Rankings
Homeowners everywhere are investing in personal camera systems that make security an affordable and accessible feature. There are so many reasons to consider putting hidden cameras in and around your home and property. Although they used to be only things for Hollywood stars and millionaires, hidden cameras are quite common now. They are used in public places for security and training purposes and even on traffic lights in some high traffic areas. However, they have become more affordable and reliable and many homeowners have discovered their worth. Take a look at why you might want to install hidden cameras and the process of buying the best hidden cameras for you.
Hidden cameras are an easy way to protect your home or personal property from damage. Security from intruders, watching your empty house while you are on vacation, or just keeping an eye on babies at night or animals during the workday when you are not home are common reasons to install security cameras.
When choosing a camera, “decide whether you will be using it in one place or moving it from room to room,” says our home security expert Vicki Liston, host of “On The Fly…DIY,” an award-winning home improvement show. “If your monitoring will be restricted to one room, you can tailor the camera to fit with your decor so it so it fully blends in. If you’d like more flexibility, cameras that look like smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, clocks or outlet covers are perfect.”
If you are a frequent flyer and find that you are away on business or pleasure a lot, a hidden camera system for your empty home is definitely an invaluable asset. In this case, an outdoor hidden camera would work best. Many can be used within WiFi range and have good signal strength outside of your home. A tiny size is ideal for hiding in the smallest spaces. Other features like night vision, closed-circuit recording, motion detection and two-way audio transmission features are also worth a look. These cameras will bring you peace of mind when you’re away from home.
You may not want everyone to know you’ve got cameras in your home (though you’ll want to follow your local and state laws here). Some clever models are hidden in the face of digital clocks or phone chargers. WiFi connectivity and night vision capabilities will keep eyes and ears on your little ones at all times of day.
Some parents use hidden cameras as a way to monitor their baby or kids in their nursery or bedrooms at night. Baby monitors that connect to WiFi can be expensive and these hidden cameras offer an affordable alternative. The Enji Spy Hidden Nanny Cam offers night vision and HD recording for an optimal view of the kids. This camera also features motion detection and will start recording once motion is sensed. Easy access from your phone allows you to instantly see what is happening so you know if there is an emergency or if it is just child’s play. Find peace of mind while you get chores done, sip on coffee, or just relax after bedtime.
In addition to your home, consider setting up hidden cameras in or around your place of business. With all the investment you put into your business, protect it from theft, robbery, destruction and shoplifters. You may want to consider placing hidden cameras by the cashier or register in combination with a few at the entryways.
There are countless reasons to invest in a hidden camera system, but you’ll find the products mentioned are the best. You will find them easy to use and with the most efficient use of memory. Find the important functions such as motion detection, snapshots, a record of the time, memory card spaces, WiFi accessibility, live streaming capabilities and high definition picture. In addition to all these functions, you’ll want to make sure the products you purchase work in the space where you’ll be placing them. If you want one in your office, find one that is small and or in an object that would normally be found in an office. If you want the camera to be in your home or outside your home, find These are all important factors to think about when buying hidden cameras for your home or business.
- Hidden cameras come with a standard amount of memory with their system. If you feel you’ll need more than what is offered, find a system that allows more memory space to be added.
- “Decide if you want the video footage to be captured on an SD card to view later or if you want it to stream directly to your smartphone,” says Liston. “If the former is good enough, look for a ‘self record unit,’ which is the most economical type on the market. The wireless streaming versions are more expensive and slightly more complicated to set up, but you won’t have to worry about a memory card maxing out.”
- Make sure the cameras you purchase blend in naturally with the surroundings if you want it to remain hidden.
- Always look for a good warranty.
- Consider a hidden camera for your car. Dash cams are becoming more popular.
- Be sure to share footage from your hidden camera with law enforcement if an accident or crime occurs just outside your property. You might just save the day!
- Make sure the software that it comes with the camera is compatible with your current technology.
- If you don’t want to be changing batteries frequently or don’t want to have an obvious cord running from the cameras, decide where you’ll set up the camera before you buy. This will narrow down your options.
- If you decide to use a battery-operated system, check on reviews to see what the battery life is, so you won’t find yourself in a dead camera situation.
- If a corded option is what you choose, make sure you have a conspicuous place to hide the cord if you plan on the camera being a hidden or spy cam.
- Check consumer reviews to get an idea of the quality of the product you’re interested in buying, and read tech specs extra carefully to make sure the camera will match your needs.