Omie Blue Sky OmieBox Thermos Insulated and Leak Proof Bento Box Container for Kids
Last updated date: November 20, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bento Lunchboxes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bento Lunchbox you should buy.
Update as October 20, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bento Lunchbox for a detailed review of all the top bento lunchboxes.
In our analysis of 43 expert reviews, the Omie Blue Sky OmieBox placed 10th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Bento box for kids Thermos kids Kids thermos Bento box containers Lunch box for kids lunch box Bento box for kids Thermos kids Kids thermos Bento box containers Lunch box for kids lunch box Invented By A Mom For Her Picky Eater Founder Nancy Yen invented OmieBox when her son struggled to finish lunch at school. She noticed he enjoyed having a variety of finger foods as well as a hot entree, but couldn’t find a simple solution to pack everything in one insulated bento lunch container. After spending months talking to parents, caregivers & observing kids at school, Nancy launched OmieBox - a bento box for hot and cold food. Bento box for kids Thermos kids Kids thermos Bento box containers Lunch box for kids lunch box More Variety, Healthier Lunches It’s easy to fall into a rut when you’re packing 180+ lunches a year. OmieBox solves this problem with an ingenious Thermos food jar insert that makes packing hot lunch a breeze. Shake things up by sending soup, pasta, or simply last night’s leftovers. Don’t let your bento box lunch box restrict the type and variety of foods you send for your child. This insulated thermos hot lunch box lets you pack more variety and healthier options, so your little ones eat better and build healthy eating habits. Let this warm lunch box for kids spice up your little one’s school day! Bento box for kids Thermos kids Kids thermos Bento box containers Lunch box for kids lunch box Bento box for kids Thermos kids Kids thermos Bento box containers Lunch box for kids lunch box Bento box for kids Thermos kids Kids thermos Bento box containers Lunch box for kids lunch box Heavy Duty, Weighs 1.7 Lbs. OmieBox is extremely durable and made of high quality, impact resistant materials. This insulated hot and cold lunch box for kids has a built in handle for easy carrying or you can pair with our Omie Lunch Bag -- large enough for an OmieBox and a water bottle. Perfect for school, summer camp, activities or whenever you need a warm lunch on the go. Omiebox measures 7” x 7” x 3”. Multi-Functional and Versatile In the mood for a sandwich? Just take out the hot lunch container (a.k.a. Bento food Thermos insert). A divider is included to help you create additional compartments. Oh, and did we mention we designed the long compartment to fit any brand of box drinks? We got you covered. Smart Features For a Fun Lunch Lids can be tricky for kids so we designed a lid that is easy to open. We made sure the food thermos for kids is shallow with a wide mouth, so kids can scoop food out easily. The insulated bento box lunch box for kids is shallow with rounded corners, so it’s easy to clean. Plus all the parts are removable for cleaning, even the seals! omiebox fork spoon utensil set omiepod omieboxpod utensil set omiebox lunch box bag omiepod omiebox pod utensil set omiebox lunch box bag OmieBox Kids Utensils Set - Plastic, Reusable Fork and Spoon OmieBox Kids Utensils Set - 2 Piece Plastic, Reusable Fork and Spoon with Pod OmieBox Lunch Bag - Washable Velcro Rolltop Reusable Nylon Lunch Tote OmieBox Kids Utensils Set - 2 Piece Plastic, Reusable Fork and Spoon with Pod OmieBox Lunch Bag - Washable Velcro Rolltop Reusable Nylon Lunch Tote Dishwasher Safe ✓ ✓ ✓ BPA Free ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Reusable ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Kid Friendly ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bento Lunchboxes
Did you know you can actually save around $2,400 a year by packing your lunch versus buying one near your office? Lunchboxes are not only an excellent choice when it comes to saving money year-round, but they’re also ideal if you want to consume healthier foods when all you have nearby are fast food joints.
While shopping for the best Bento lunchbox, keep the following features in mind:
Start by examining the materials used to construct the lunchbox. Some are made of plastic, while others are created from an 18/8 food-grade FDA-approved stainless steel. Stainless steel is a good choice, as it won’t rust or stain. If you’re searching for an eco-friendly lunchbox, go with the Itopor Bento Lunch Box, which is actually made from wheat fiber. No matter which material you select, double-check that it’s listed as BPA-free, so you don’t have to worry about toxins leaking into your food.
Determine how many compartments the lunchbox has and whether the lid has a tight enough seal to keep the ingredients separate. Most Bento lunchboxes have three compartments that are designed with proper portion control in mind. They also individually isolate the compartments, so there’s no seepage from one compartment to the other. Other models that don’t offer this can only be used with dry foods.
Consider the size of the Bento lunchbox. In addition to the more traditional size that fits a sandwich and two sides, there are also slim models and models that are made for snacking. The Bentgo Kids Brights Leak-Proof Bento Kids Lunch Box, for example, is small in size and a better choice for packing lunch for children or nuts, cheese cubes and grapes for adults.
Look for any extras that put one model above another. You may find one company offers a complimentary recipe book, while another provides a choice of stylish lids. The BentoHeaven Bento Box Bundle includes a host of extras, such as a set of chopsticks and a set of fun notes. Others have a thermos for drinks and soups and a lunch bag to carry everything in.
The Bento Lunchbox Buying Guide
- Check the product care label before washing your bento lunchboxes. While some are dishwasher safe, others are not. Depending on the type of plastic used, the lunchbox may be safe for the top shelf of the dishwasher. Of course, it is always safe to wash the lunchboxes by hand with warm water and a little dish soap.
- Lunchboxes that begin to smell can be deodorized using either white distilled vinegar or baking soda. Both of these affordable grocery items are known for their ability to get rid of unpleasant odors.
- If you pack a lunch for your child or spouse, consider adding a fun note each day. The note can contain a sweet sentiment, joke, riddle, photo or trivia question.
- Your bento lunchbox doesn’t have to be used strictly for food. You can also use it to store screws in your workshop or hair accessories in your child’s bathroom. The separate compartments within the box make it a perfect tool for organizing certain spaces within the home.
- There are several factors that affect the price of bento lunchboxes. These include the materials used to make the lunchboxes, as well as any extra features and products. The BentoHeaven Bento Box Bundle is just slightly higher in price than the Itopor Bento Lunch Box because even though both models are basic, the BentoHeaven has added accessories. You’ll find the Bentgo Kids Brights Leak-Proof Bento Kids Lunch Box is higher in price than the Ozazuco 3-In-1 Eco-Friendly Bento Lunch Box, thanks to its solid construction.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide