Olympia 8-Pocket Rolling Duffel Bag, 22-Inch
Last updated date: March 12, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Traveler Suitcases and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Traveler Suitcase you should buy.
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the Olympia Olympia 8-Pocket Rolling Duffel Bag, 22-Inch placed 10th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note March 11, 2020:
Checkout The Best Traveler Suitcase for a detailed review of all the top traveler suitcases.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
This rolling duffel is constructed of Supreme "PROTECFLON" Polyester with 1200 D. Poly. Recessed metal ball bearing in-line skate wheels. Hide-away retractable handle. A total of 8 convenient pockets allow for maximum packing versatility and makes a perfect travel or school dufflel
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Traveler Suitcases
In 2018 alone, $761.7 billion was spent on travel for leisure and another $327.3 billion was spent on business travel. If you find yourself traveling fairly often, you’ll want to invest in a quality traveler suitcase.
As you browse available suitcases, you’ll notice they either come in a hard outer shell or a nylon fabric. The hard shell luggage is more durable, while the nylon fabric bag is more lightweight. If you do opt for the nylon suitcase, make sure it has a water and stain-resistant coating.
Determine how much space you require, as there are traveler suitcases that have the ability to expand. Typically, the expanders are able to give you as much as 15% more room.
If carrying a suitcase during travel is hard for you, you’ll want to look for a model that has both 360-degree spinner wheels and an adjustable telescoping handle. All you have to do is push a button to release the handle and then pull the bag to your destination.
Safety is also a concern, especially if the items you pack have sentimental or financial value. You have the option of going with a traveler suitcase that is already equipped with a TSA lock or purchasing one separately.
DYWM Fun Fact
In 2018, Americans took 1.8 billion trips for leisure and 463.6 million trips for business. Here are a few more fun facts about U.S. residents that travel:
- Generation Xers spend more on summer vacations than baby boomers or millennials.
- Travel within the U.S. supports a total of 15.7 million jobs.
- The most popular state to visit in 2019 was Florida with California coming in second. New York, Texas and the city of Las Vegas tied for third.
- Traveling solo is growing in popularity. Of the individuals who choose to travel solo, 85% are women and 15% are men.
The Traveler Suitcase Buying Guide
- Check the details of any warranties offered. You may come across a 2-year warranty that covers everything or a limited lifetime coverage that only reimburses buyers for certain repairs and damages.
- Most traveler suitcases come with an inside accessory pocket and a set of compression straps; however, there are some models that offer exterior and side pockets for better organization.
- Review the airline’s limits on luggage size and weight. You don’t want to get to the airport and find out that your suitcase or carry-on weighs too much or is too big to fit in the overhead compartment.
- The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has a website with all of the rules and regulations as to what you can and cannot pack in your bags.
- Size and extra features play a big role in the price of traveler suitcases. You’ll find the Samsonite Omni Hardside Spinner Luggage, 28-Inch is much bigger than the Travelers Club Chicago Spinner Luggage, 20-Inch, which means it costs a great deal more. Additionally, the Travelpro Maxlite Expandable Carry-On Suitcase, 21-Inch, although only one inch bigger than the COOLIFE Expandable Spinner Suitcase, 20-Inch, has an abundance of extra features, such as four organizational pockets. That means you can expect to pay a bit more at checkout.