OFM Essentials Gripper Back Chair Mat For Carpeted Floors
Last updated date: March 21, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Chair Mats For Carpeted Floors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Chair Mat For Carpeted Floors you should buy.
Update as May 2, 2022:
Checkout Move Easier With The Best Chair Mats For Carpeted Floors for a detailed review of all the top chair mats for carpeted floors.
This chair mat for carpeted floors is made from PVC with a textured surface to make it easy to roll your chair around on it. The dimensions are 36 by 48 inches, with an overall depth of 0.25 inches. Molded cleats hold the mat in place on the carpet, and the sturdy build ensures it won't crack even after years of use.
In our analysis, the OFM OFM Essentials Gripper Back Chair Mat For Carpeted Floors placed 3rd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Ideal for the home or office, the ofm essentials carpet chair mat protects your floor from the everyday wear and tear of chair legs and rolling casters. This chair mat is ergonomically designed reduce leg muscle fatigue by allowing for effortless movement of office chair wheels. Molded cleats and studs keep the mat in place without damaging the carpet or leaving behind sticky residue. The durable and clear PVC construction gives you optimal strength with a thinner more lightweight design that won’t crack, curl, or discolor. Start protecting your floors from foot traffic, chair movement, and even spilled food and beverages with the ofm essentials carpet chair mat. Suitable for use on low-pile carpets up to 1/4-inch thick.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Chair Mats For Carpeted Floors
If you’ve ever had a rolling desk chair, you know how tough it can be to maneuver around. Pushing your way across the floor to answer the phone or retrieve an item from your desk drawer gets a little more challenging if your chair’s wheels get caught.
This is especially true with carpet. Whereas vinyl or wood flooring allows casters to move smoothly, those wheels can actually become sluggish on carpeting. That’s where a chair mat can come in.
Typically made from vinyl, chair mats are designed not only to help your wheels roll but also to protect the carpet beneath. Instead of enduring years’ worth of indentations and tracks from your chair wheels, the carpet will be protected.
But if your desk chair is on carpeting, there are some things to look for while shopping around. The pile of your carpet is worth considering. If you have a very short pile, look for a mat designed to grip the smaller threads to avoid your mat slipping around. You can also find mats that are built to hold their own either on hard flooring or carpeting. If you go for this, read the reviews carefully to make sure it truly doesn’t slide around or curl up on the edges on carpeting.
The Chair Mat For Carpeted Floors Buying Guide
- Vinyl isn’t the only option for chair mats. You can find them in tempered glass, wood and other materials. Vinyl will often be the most affordable option, but glass has durability and style that puts it above vinyl options in some instances.
- The great thing about vinyl and glass is that they are clear materials, allowing the carpet beneath to show through. If you don’t like the color of your carpet, though, or it’s showing signs of age, you may want a chair mat that covers it.
- Check the cleaning instructions for the mat you’ve chosen. Some can’t be cleaned with chemicals. Doing so will cause cracks to form. In those cases, water will be your only option.
- Curling at the edges is an ongoing problem with chair mats. Look for one that’s built to stay flat. Curling could introduce a tripping hazard to your environment.
- You’ll see a couple of big options with chair mats. Some are merely rectangular for holding your desk chair, but some have a narrow lip attached to that rectangle that slides under your desk. This protects the carpet from your shoes, as well as giving your feet a cushioned place to rest while you’re working.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide