Offex Home Office Leaning/Ladder Desk & Bookcase
Last updated date: August 10, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Leaning/Ladder Desks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Leaning/Ladder Desk you should buy.
The Offex Home Office Ladder Desk & Bookcase is stylish and practical. It has a solid wood desktop and two handle shelves on top. The steel tube framing creates plenty of visual space, making this desk perfect for small rooms. In our analysis of 3 expert reviews, the Offex Offex Home Office Leaning/Ladder Desk & Bookcase placed 8th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 10, 2020:
Checkout The Best Leaning/Ladder Desk for a detailed review of all the top leaning/ladder desks.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
This tidy, compact, table-top desk fits neatly into the corner of your home office or bedroom. The solid wood desk-top, expanding 33. 07" Wide and 18. 11" Deep is small enough to fit in the corner. The lack of shelves provides 1, 081 square inches, providing plenty of room to get your work done. Steel tube framing creates a sturdy foundation so the desk does not shake or tip as you work. Above the desk, The frame extends to a small bookcase where you can keep books and other tools.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Leaning/Ladder Desks
Desks are handy for many tasks, including completing school assignments, catching up on work projects and sitting down to organize and pay the monthly bills. Unfortunately, not all homes have large enough spaces to dedicate to a big desk. That’s where ladder desks, also commonly referred to as leaning desks, come in handy. This type of desk fits in smaller spaces and uses a wall for support.
If you’re in the market for a leaning desk, you’ll want to take into consideration a few different features.
Start out examining the materials used to make the ladder desk. Some are made from wood, while others are entirely metal. Then there are leaning desks made out of a combination of wood and metal, like the C-Hopetree Ladder Desk. The desk’s steel frame provides excellent support, while the laminated wood desk adds style.
Next, determine how much weight you need the desk to hold. Some are lightweight and only have a weight capacity of 30 pounds. This is fine if you’re simply using the desk to read a book, take notes or scroll through your tablet. A leaning/ladder desk that can hold up to 100 pounds is a better choice for projects that require using a home computer and printer. Some of the models even have a large drawer with flip-down lid for storing a host of office supplies.
Consider choosing a leaning desk that matches your decor. You could go with an industrial model or one with more of a farmhouse feel. There are also options with a contemporary look. Look to the colors and materials in your home for inspiration.
DWYM Fun Fact
Although some of the earliest desks were created in the 17th century, they weren’t as popular until the 19th century. This is because many of the people didn’t know how to read or write, and therefore, had no use for a desk. As literacy grew, so did the need for desks within the home.
Desks have certainly evolved over the years. There were models with tops that could be removed, as well as desks with fold-down desks that came with a lock and key. Today, desks are made in a variety of shapes and sizes. Those who only have limited space within their home, however, would do best with a small ladder desk.
The Leaning/Ladder Desk Buying Guide
- If you’re remodeling a room, check to see if the manufacturer has other matching furniture pieces. Oftentimes, you’ll also be able to purchase a bookshelf that complements the leaning desk perfectly.
- Always read the product description before you buy to determine whether or not you need certain tools to assemble the ladder desk. Some may say no tools are required. Some may also suggest you ask a friend for help, as it may be difficult for one person to hold multiple pieces at once during the assembly process. If you get stuck, the company may have a customer support number to walk you through the steps.
- In many cases, you’ll be given the chance to pay for expert assembly. While this is pricey, it may be worth it if you don’t have the time or abilities to put the leaning desks together on your own.
- If your ladder desk begins to get dusty, simply wipe it down with a damp lint-free cloth. Desks that are made of wood can be sprayed with a dust cleaner and wiped down with a dry rag.
- There are several factors that influence the price of leaning desks, although these desks are pretty similarly priced. Some of the factors include the materials used, the number of shelves, the weight the ladder desk is able to hold and any special features.