OFF! Family Care Smooth & Dry Bug Spray, 2-Pack
Last updated date: June 24, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bug Sprays and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bug Spray you should buy.
Update as June 24, 2022:
Checkout The Best Bug Spray for a detailed review of all the top bug sprays.
Whether you have a large family or plan a lot of summer get-togethers, this bug spray two-pack is an excellent buy. Each of the spray bottles are easy to use and won't leave you feeling greasy after application. Since they contain DEET, they also protect against ticks, chiggers and fleas.
In our analysis, the OFF! OFF! Family Care Smooth & Dry Bug Spray, 2-Pack placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
OFF! Smooth & Dry insect repellent uses a powder-dry formula that leaves your skin feeling smooth and dry, not oily or greasy. Live life your way, and repel mosquitoes that may carry Zika, Dengue or West Nile viruses. Our long-lasting formula works on the outer surfaces of clothing. This insect spray is formulated with 15% DEET. Ideal for backyard, beach, gardening, picnicking, playing and relaxing. Keep out of reach of children and pets. See the label for other precautions and usage directions.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bug Sprays
Few things can disrupt a great time outdoors like bugs. Gnats and no-see-ums are annoying, to be sure, but mosquitoes are the worst since they actually leave bites on your skin. Plus, mosquitoes can carry disease, putting you and your loved ones at risk.
That’s where a good bug spray can come in. There are plenty of products on the market that claim to keep bugs at bay but finding one that works well while you’re outside for hours, sweating and movie around, is a challenge. Even more difficult? Finding a bug spray that is effective and also well-tolerated by your family members.
One of the top ingredients in bug spray is DEET, which has been around since the 1940s. DEET, a man-made chemical also known as N,N-Diethyl-meta-toluamide, is widely considered to be the most effective ingredient in repelling the most invasive types of mosquitoes, as well as other bugs.
Some households avoid bug sprays with DEET altogether, although most high-quality recent research has shown it to be relatively safe even for babies 2 months old and up. In recent years, products have emerged that use natural ingredients, including essential oils, that bugs may find distasteful. These might not be as long-lasting or effective as DEET, but many consumers and even experts have found that they do quite well at keeping bugs at bay, especially if you apply them thoroughly and often.
The Bug Spray Buying Guide
- Applying bug spray can be an involved process if you’re using a product with a pump spray mechanism. Aerosols allow you to get the product on the skin liberally, without missing chunks of skin or taking a long time. But there are concerns about aerosols and the environment, so if that’s a worry for you, one that uses a pump might be better.
- As effective as chemical-based bug sprays can be, the odor can be unpleasant. Sprays that use more natural ingredients are typically much easier on the nose. But they may not work as well, so you’re making a tradeoff.
- Whether you’re applying bug spray to another person or yourself, be very careful around the eyes, mouth and nose. To better control the application, it’s usually best to spray it on your fingers, then spread it on the skin.
- Some bug sprays designed for young people build in sunscreen. This can be a great way to make sure your children have full protection from outdoor dangers without having to layer two products on top of each other.
- If you’ll be spending more than a couple of hours outdoors, a bug spray with DEET is likely the best option unless you plan to stop and reapply every couple of hours. DEET can last for hours and also resists losing effectiveness if you sweat.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide