OEM TOOLS 25101 Spring-Loaded Extra Grip Oil Filter Wrench
Last updated date: November 10, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Oil Filter Wrenches and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Oil Filter Wrench you should buy.
Update as December 5, 2022:
Checkout The Best Oil Filter Wrench for a detailed review of all the top oil filter wrenches.
In our analysis of 36 expert reviews, the OEM TOOLS Spring-Loaded Extra Grip Oil Filter Wrench placed 7th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The OEMTOOLS 25101 3-Jaw Adjustable Magnetic Oil Filter Wrench features (3) spring-loaded jaws and a magnetic base attachment designed to grip a range of oil filters that are standard on light truck and passenger vehicles. This versatile oil filter wrench will fit a range of applications from 2. 4″ (60mm) to 3. 6″ (93mm), and includes a 3/8″ to 1/2″ drive adapter for use with varying ratchet drives.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Oil Filter Wrenches
Since oil filters are greasy, they can be difficult to remove without the proper tools. An oil filter wrench is a must-have, as it is able to provide a tight grip, even if the filter is oily. Whether you’re a professional mechanic looking to add an oil filter wrench to your tool collection or someone who enjoys doing their own vehicle maintenance, you’ll want to keep the following features in mind as you shop.
Check that the oil filter wrench is comfortable to hold. Some models come with rubber handles that allow for a good grip, while others have handles that are textured. You’ll also find models, like the Lisle 57030 Standard Oil Filter Swivel Wrench, that swivel a full 180 degrees. That allows for getting the tool into those hard-to-reach spaces.
Review which size filters the oil filter wrench is able to remove. It is possible to purchase a set with a small wrench that works on filters up to 4 inches in diameter and a large wrench that is able to accommodate filters of up to 6 3/8 inches in diameter. Other wrenches are made using a universal design that works on most passenger car and SUV oil filters.
Look for an oil filter wrench that is built to be tough and durable. For example, the Motivx Tools Oil Filter Wrench is constructed from a high-quality 6061 T5 aluminum that won’t crack under pressure. Other wrenches are made from stainless steel, which is known for its ability to resist rust.
Determine if the oil filter wrench comes with any extra features that make it a better buy. Some options come with an adapter that allows you to use them with any 3/8- or 1/2-inch drive ratchet or breaker bar. There are also models that are completely waterproof.
The Oil Filter Wrench Buying Guide
- You’ll need to make sure that the oil filter wrench fits your specific vehicle before you purchase it. You can check the product listing to search for your vehicle or use the handy verification tool that most sites provide at the top of your screen. You simply need to enter your vehicle’s year, make and model and click the “check fit” button.
- When using the oil filter wrench to loosen the filter, you need to turn it counterclockwise. To tighten the filter, turn the wrench clockwise.
- While replacing your filter, remember to oil the gasket and avoid over-tightening the new filter. Otherwise, you’ll have issues removing the filter the next time you need to change it.
- Make sure you have a dedicated space to store all of the tools you need to change your oil filter. This may be in the drawer of your tool chest or on a shelf in your garage, but keeping the tools together is the best way to prevent misplacing them.
- Take the time to clean your oil filter wrench after each use, as this helps extend the life of the tool. This is easily done with a few stainless-steel cleaning wipes. If you have WD-40 and a lint-free rag on hand, you could also use them to get your tool nice and clean.
- Since oil filter wrenches, in general, are not expensive, price shouldn’t be a hindrance to your purchase. Of course, you’ll still want to make sure you’re getting the best deal. You’ll find the Lisle 57030 Standard Oil Filter Swivel Wrench, is affordable. You’ll pay a bit more for the Motivx Tools Oil Filter Wrench, which uses a more sophisticated design.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide