Odya & Norris Anatomy & Physiology For Dummies
Last updated date: December 9, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Basic Science Textbooks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Basic Science Textbook you should buy.
Update as January 13, 2022:
Checkout The Best Basic Science Textbook for a detailed review of all the top basic science textbooks.
In our analysis of 9 expert reviews, the Odya & Norris Anatomy & Physiology For Dummies placed 6th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Some people think that knowing about what goes on inside the human body can sap life of its mystery―which is too bad for them. Anybody who’s ever taken a peak under the hood knows that the human body, and all its various structures and functions, is a realm of awe-inspiring complexity and countless wonders. The dizzying dance of molecule, cell, tissue, organ, muscle, sinew, and bone that we call life can be a thing of breathtaking beauty and humbling perfection. Anatomy & Physiology For Dummies combines anatomical terminology and function so you’ll learn not only names and terms but also gain an understanding of how the human body works. Whether you’re a student, an aspiring medical, healthcare or fitness professional, or just someone who’s curious about the human body and how it works, this book offers you a fun, easy way to get a handle on the basics of anatomy and physiology. Understand the meaning of terms in anatomy and physiology. Get to know the body’s anatomical structures―from head to toe. Explore the body’s systems and how they interact to keep us alive. Gain insight into how the structures and systems function in sickness and health. Written in plain English and packed with beautiful illustrations, Anatomy & Physiology For Dummies is your guide to a fantastic voyage of the human body.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Basic Science Textbooks
Science education can start from the time a child is born. Through playtime, children learn all the basic concepts, from how static cling works to what happens when they stack blocks one way versus another. Most importantly, through play, children learn to explore and create.
But formal learning starts once a child enters the classroom. Science learning can start as early as preschool, and children are gradually introduced to biology, physical science and social science. By the time your child reaches middle school, the foundation is in place, and teachers can build from there.
Sometimes, though, the classroom doesn’t quite give children the grasp they need of the intricacies of various sciences — or their interest leads them to seek even more sources of information. That’s where a good book can come in. Yes, your child is issued textbooks through school, but there are supplemental books that go further, and often in a more engaging manner, than the ones some schools use. In fact, even kids may want to further their learning on a particular subject in a way that has nothing to do with schoolwork.
Children aren’t the only ones who can benefit from a good science book, though. A good book can quench an adult’s thirst to learn, helping you grow no matter what path you’re pursuing in life.
There are some important factors to look at when shopping for a good science book. Visuals can make a big difference. Look for a book that’s illustrated well and packed full of images and/or drawings to help you fully grasp the concepts you’re reading about. Also, consider whether you want an overview or to dive into one particular topic in depth. An overview can actually be a great way to learn which areas of science you want to learn more about.
The Basic Science Textbook Buying Guide
- Science information can quickly become outdated. As experts learn more, texts are updated, so the book that you purchased five years ago no longer has the most accurate information. If you’re choosing a book that’s been around a while, look to make sure that updates include the latest information available in that particular field.
- Scientific accuracy is vital in any textbook you buy. Look into the credentials of the authors and determine what experts, if any, they used when conducting research while writing the book. Is it a well-respected book widely used in the industry, or something that represents just one scientist’s opinion?
- Organization can make or break a textbook. Any book you buy on the topic of science should have information split into sections that make sense. If possible, look at the table of contents and check that the information you want to learn is covered.
- There are three major branches of science: natural, social and formal. Natural science studies the world around us and the universe beyond; physics, chemistry and biology all fall under the natural sciences category. Social science studies human interactions and the relationship between humans and the environment and includes anthropology, archaeology, philosophy, health, psychology and political science. The formal sciences use systems to process information and includes computer science, mathematics and logic.
- If you work in a scientific or medical profession, you might find that having the right textbook on hand is essential. Human anatomy books are especially popular for this.
- Some books come with companion downloadable files. Check to see if any of these extras are included and what they are.
- Science textbooks can be helpful to homeschooling parents. Some are a more readable alternative to the traditional textbooks used by schools. However, if you use a textbook for homeschooling, make sure the content matches the Common Core Standards set by your state.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide