Oakley Legacy UVA Blocking Helmet Visor
Last updated date: September 9, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Helmet Visors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Helmet Visor you should buy.
Update as September 9, 2021:
Checkout The Best Helmet Visors for a detailed review of all the top helmet visors.
See clearly with this helmet that ensures razor-sharp vision. It is injection molded to shape the shield with a curvature that maintains clarity on all angles. The visor even optimizes peripheral vision.
In our analysis, the Oakley Oakley Legacy UVA Blocking Helmet Visor placed 5th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Practice & Pre-Game Only. Made from Oakley PLUTONITE, a proprietary synthetic that sets a new standard for durability and protection, and blocks 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. Patented High Definition Optics (HDO) provides superior optical clarity and razor-sharp vision at every angle and eliminates shield distortion. Coated with AFR lens treatment for anti-fog performance and improved scratch resistance. Injection molded to shape the shield with a unique curvature that maintains clarity at all angles of vision, even at the sides, so peripheral view is always optimized.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Helmet Visors
Helmet visors provide numerous benefits, such as protecting your eyes from injury, reducing glare and ensuring no particles get into your eyes. There are different kinds of helmet visors available, and each is for a different purpose. For example, if you want to avoid getting sun in your eyes while riding your horse, you can get a visor that goes over your equestrian helmet. If you play football and want reduce impact from injury on your eyes, you can get sturdy visors that fit inside your helmets.
The key element to look for when you’re buying a helmet visor is compatibility. Not all visors are designed for your helmet, so you have to ensure you are getting a visor that is compatible with the style, make and model of your helmet. In addition, the visor needs to meet your specific needs, such as sun or injury protection.
While wearing a visor can ensure your eyes are safe, you also have to keep visibility in mind. Will the visor reduce your visibility in any way? If so, it’s important to look for a different option that will not impact your ability to see. Keep in mind that some visors can fog up if you’re breathing heavily, which will also impact your vision while wearing the helmet.
The Helmet Visor Buying Guide
- Ensure your visor is attached securely to your helmet. You don’t want to be in a situation where the visor snaps off accidentally, as that could injure you or those around you.
- Keeping your helmet visor clean is key to ensuring your have clear visibility. After use, be sure to wipe away any debris from the visor. If your visor has a special coating, don’t use chemicals to clean it that can also wipe away the coating. Typically, all you need is warm water and a paper towel.
- If you’re using a helmet visor while playing a sport like football, it’s best to ensure that the visor is approved by the governing body, such as the team’s league. If the visor is not approved, you could risk being disqualified from playing the game.
- Check to see the installation features and instructions before you buy to make sure that you can easily attach the visor to your helmet.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide