NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Cruelty-Free Vegan Face Primer
Last updated date: June 17, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Face Primers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Face Primer you should buy.
Update as June 17, 2022:
Checkout The Best Face Primer for a detailed review of all the top face primers.
This affordable primer has a silky formula that will create the smooth, matte finish you want before applying the rest of your makeup. Choose from the clear or color-correcting lavender and green shades. Once you start using this product, you'll want to use this 1.01-ounce primer each time you get ready to do your face.
In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Cruelty-Free Vegan Face Primer placed 2nd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Studio Perfect Primer: Prep your complexion for perfection using our Clear Studio Perfect Primer. This silky formula creates a smooth matte surface for foundation and prolongs the wear of your makeup. Also available in color correcting Lavender and Green. Smooth and Easy Application: Create a smooth matte finish before makeup application with this easy to apply primer; Also available in color correcting Lavender and Green shades to address a variety of skin concerns. Face From Foundation To Finish: Complete your makeup look with our full line of NYX Professional Makeup face products to aid in color correction and coverage from blush, bronzer, foundations and contouring concealer to palettes and powders. Cruelty Free Cosmetics: We believe animals belong in our arms, not in a lab. All of our makeup is certified and acknowledged by PETA as a cruelty free brand. We don’t test any of our products on animals.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Face Primers
Have you ever wondered how some people have such incredibly smooth skin? The most likely answer is face primer, a cosmetic product applied after moisturizer and before foundation. Primers are formulated to even out skin tone, fill in pores and fine lines and help makeup last longer.
Many claim that primers create a “clean canvas” for makeup application, and this is a perfect comparison. They create even, oil-free surfaces that allow the foundation to bond with the skin better. Some use primer over moisturizer and don’t even bother with foundation, and this can create the appearance of fresh, soft, clean and flawless skin.
Face primer choices include mattifying, hydrating, luminizing, blurring and other options. Many offer combinations of these, and if you have dry skin, you might want a hydrating primer if you’re not using a moisturizer beneath it. Most makeup experts recommend washing and using a moisturizer first, though. Traditional primers are silicone-based, but these products can have many other ingredients, like vitamins and hyaluronic acid.
There are many kinds of gel and powder primers at different price points, but check how many ounces are in there because you could end up paying more for less if you’re not careful. Some also come with color-correcting properties that can help even out your skin tone.
Green and yellow correctors help with mild redness and discoloration, while lavenders can neutralize sallow skin and yellow tones. Also, read the ingredients list carefully because you won’t want the product to contain harmful chemicals like parabens or anything you might be allergic to.
The Face Primer Buying Guide
- Here are some more tips for color correction. Use blue for orange hyperpigmentation and sunspots, peach for dark circles and blue tones for dark circles beneath the eyes.
- Only use foundation after your last skin treatment (moisturizer or toner).
- Apply primer gently with your fingers instead of a makeup brush for the best results.
- Let the primer dry for one full minute before applying foundation or powder on top.
- People with dry skin can use about a quarter-sized dollop of primer, and others can use less. Remember, a little primer goes a long way, so don’t overdo it.
- If a primer or any other cosmetic product leaves your skin feeling red, irritated or itchy, stop using it immediately and wash it off your face.
- Always apply primer and makeup with clean hands and fingers.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide