NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Cruelty-Free Matte Powder Blush
Last updated date: July 19, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Powder Blushes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Powder Blush you should buy.
Update as July 19, 2022:
Checkout The Best Powder Blush for a detailed review of all the top powder blushes.
This creamy powder blush has an intense pigment. It offers a matte finish. The blush can also double as an eyeshadow.
In our analysis, the NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Cruelty-Free Matte Powder Blush placed 2nd when we looked at the top 3 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Matte Blush: Sweep your cheeks in color with this matte finished NYX Professional Makeup powder blush. This creamy formula delivers a flush of high pigmented matte color in shades from berry and nude to purples and yellow. Try Both Blush Finishes: Sweet cheeks blushes come in both radiant shimmer finishes and matte finishes. Use both blushes together to create an ombré blush look or try them as eyeshadows. The sky is the limit with these cream pressed powder blush shades.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Powder Blushes
From barely-there rosy cheeks to bold crimson cheeks, powder blush is an essential for your makeup bag. If you’re a lover of beauty products, then you know that blush can completely change your look from regular to glamorous in seconds. It’s easy to apply and looks great on all skin types and face shapes.
Why wear blush in the first place? It Is designed to give you a naturally flushed look. When you wear other beauty products, such as tinted moisturizer, foundation, concealer and powder, your skin begins to look flat. However, the way your face naturally looks isn’t flat and monochrome. You naturally have a rosy tint to your cheeks, and blush helps put it back in while adding more dimension and depth.
Blush is available is an array of shades, from light pink to bronze to orange-red to fuchsia. When selecting a color for your cheeks, take your skin tone into account. For example, if you have fair skin, then dusty pinks and light peach shades will look great on you. If you want a bolder look, go for a bright pink. For medium skin with a cool undertone, choose bright pinks. If you have medium skin with a warm undertone, you’ll look great with corals and oranges.
If you have olive skin with a warm undertone, the best blush for you is anything with a bit of gold shimmer. Light plum and cool pink colors work best for olive skin with a cool undertone. Corals, reds and dark pinks are ideal for those who have dark skin.
The Powder Blush Buying Guide
- Not sure which finish is right your skin? If you don’t want to add any extra shine to your face or if you find your skin is oily, you can try a matte finish. Shimmery finishes are great if you want to add more texture to your skin and aren’t afraid of a little shine.
- Powder blush is best applied using a brush – which can vary in texture, shape and size depending on your makeup expertise and the look you’re going for. If you’re experimenting with a cream or liquid blush, then you can try applying it with a sponge.
- Where does blush go on your face? For a natural look, apply brush to the apples of your cheeks and move the brush outward and upward toward your temples. If you want your face to look more oval shaped, then add blush to the top part of your cheekbones towards your templates.
- If you’re trying to achieve that just-came-back-from-the-beach look, try applying blush underneath your eyes along the bridge of your nose and all the way toward your ear.
- The most important tips for applying blush is to blend it in really well into your face. Otherwise, blush can look like two painted circles on your face. Instead, blending the blush in softens harsh edges and gives you a much more natural glow and uplift.
- Always start with a tiny bit of blush because it is much easier to add more product than it is to take it away. However, if you accidentally apply too much blush and need to tone it down a notch, you can add a translucent finishing powder on top of the blush.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide