Nutricost Premium Marine Collagen Peptides Hydrolyzed Protein Powder
Last updated date: April 27, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Marine Collagen Protein Powders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Marine Collagen Protein Powder you should buy.
Made from wild-caught deep-sea fish, the Nutricost Hydrolyzed Protein Powder contains 10 grams of marine collagen per scoop. Quality is guaranteed and the product is third party tested, so you can buy with confidence. Additionally, the product is free of any GMOs and does not contain gluten. In our analysis of 29 expert reviews, the Nutricost Nutricost Hydrolyzed Protein Powder placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Marine Collagen Protein Powder for a detailed review of all the top marine collagen protein powders.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Nutricost Marine Collagen is a selectively-sourced, premium fish collagen powder from 100% wild-caught Alaskan fish (not farmed fish). Marine Collagen is easy to mix is best taken with a source of vitamin C. All Nutricost's batches are independently (3rd Party) tested for Heavy Metals and other contaminants.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Marine Collagen Protein Powders
Collagen is essential to life and responsible for so many functions within the body. It’s found in everything from your blood vessels to your teeth and it provides structure to your skin, bones and muscles. If your body isn’t making enough collagen on its own, you may want to consider adding a marine collagen protein powder to your diet to give your collagen levels a boost.
The most important thing when shopping for marine collagen protein powder is choosing a brand that uses quality ingredients. The AMANDEAN Collagen Protein Supplement is one such brand, as they source their wild-caught deep-sea fish from the North Atlantic waters. You don’t want to go with a company that uses farm-raised fish, as they are often injected with hormones and fed antibiotics.
Next, you want to examine the product label to further validate its quality. This is important because you don’t want to risk putting something in your body that may not be up to par. The Nutricost Hydrolyzed Protein Powder is manufactured in an FDA registered facility that is also GMP compliant. The company also voluntarily has its collagen protein powder third-party tested, so you can feel good about buying it.
Make sure the marine collagen protein powder you select works with the diet you are currently following. The CORREXIKO Hydrolyzed Protein Powder is physician-formulated and a great choice, as it can be used with a wide range of diets, including gluten, dairy and sugar-free. It’s non-GMO and certified Paleo, keto, kosher and halal-friendly.
Finally, check the nutrition label to see exactly what you’re getting with each serving of marine collagen protein powder. For example, the Bronson Marine Hydrolyzed Protein Powder offers 5 grams of collagen, 4.7 grams of protein, 5 grams of hydrolyzed collagen peptides and 10 essential amino acids.
DWYM Fun Fact
Collagen is an important protein produced by the human body. Unfortunately, the older you get, the less collagen your body is able to produce on its own. This is why many people choose to add collagen to their diet via a protein powder.
While you can opt for a collagen protein powder that is derived from bovine sources, there are certain benefits to going with a powder that comes from marine sources. For example, fish collagen is absorbed more easily, which means it has the ability to reach your bloodstream quicker. Dr. Axe states that this is possible due to the fish collagen’s lower molecular weight and size.
The Marine Collagen Protein Powder Buying Guide
- Always contact your doctor before beginning any new supplement. This is especially important for pregnant and nursing mothers, individuals with underlying health conditions and anyone taking medication.
- Marine collagen protein powder may cause digestive issues in some individuals. If you experience this, discontinue use and consult with your family physician.
- Marine collagen protein powder is not safe for individuals with shellfish or other marine allergies.
- Always keep any and all supplements out of the reach of children. Even if the supplement is made of natural ingredients, it can have side effects when more than the recommended amount is taken.
- Store your marine collagen protein powder at room temperature in a cool dry location. Moisture can cause the powder to clump and become unusable.
- Supplements are not regulated by the FDA, which means any claims made by the company as to the product’s health benefits have not been evaluated.
- Some users report their marine collagen protein powder has a strong odor and a bad taste. You may wish to read the reviews before you select a particular brand.
- If you’re trying marine collagen protein powder for the first time, go with a company that offers some sort of guarantee. You may find a company that offers a 90-day satisfaction guarantee or one with a generous 365-day hassle-free money-back guarantee.
- When shopping for the best marine collagen protein powder, determine how much you’re paying per ounce, as each container may come in a different size. The AMANDEAN Collagen Protein Supplement is one of the most affordable brands, while the Nutricost Hydrolyzed Protein Powder and the CORREXIKO Hydrolyzed Protein Powder are more moderately priced. At the top of the price range is the Bronson Marine Hydrolyzed Protein Powder, which uses 100% Norwegian cod sourced from the North Atlantic waters.