NutraChamps Vitamin C, 1000mg
Last updated date: February 6, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Vitamin C Capsules and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Vitamin C Capsule you should buy.
The NutraChamps Vitamin C, 1000mg features an antioxidant blend that includes rose hips, elderberry and citrus bioflavonoids in addition to the high dose of vitamin C. We like that since the pills are made of powder, consumers have the choice to swallow them or empty the contents into a glass of water. This is helpful if you have trouble swallowing pills but still want to take preventative measures to keep from getting sick during cold and flu season. In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the NutraChamps NutraChamps Vitamin C, 1000mg placed 12th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 6, 2020:
Checkout The Best Vitamin C Capsule for a detailed review of all the top vitamin c capsules.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
From The Manufacturer
nutrachamps vitamin c Vitamin c complex vitamin c for immune support vit120 vit2 vitamin c with rose hips and citrus (These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.)
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Vitamin C Capsules
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that is essential to the body’s tissues. It keeps the immune system working as it should, helps with the formation of collagen and maintains healthy teeth and bones. If you don’t eat enough vitamin C-rich foods daily, you’ll want to consider adding a supplement to your diet.
As you browse the many vitamin C capsules on the market, you want to look for a brand that undergoes third-party testing, so you know it is of the highest quality.
Next, check how the vitamin C is delivered. For example, some Vitamin C manufacturers use liposomal technology to help the body better absorb the vitamin C. Other brands use a sustained release formula so that the nutrient is slowly absorbed by the body.
While most vitamin C capsules are designed to be swallowed, you can go with a brand that has capsules filled with powder that can be emptied into a glass of water. If you have trouble swallowing pills, this is an excellent solution.
Check the vitamin C supplement for any added ingredients. The NOW Foods Vitamin C, 1000mg also has a citrus bioflavonoids complex, which helps with circulation and has antioxidant properties. Another common additive is rose hips, which contain high doses of vitamin C themselves.
DWYM Fun Fact
Since vitamin C isn’t a nutrient the body produces on its own, it’s important that people either get it from their diet or through a daily supplement. A few foods known to contain high amounts of vitamin C include rose hips, parsley, kale, broccoli, strawberries, kiwis, oranges and chili peppers.
Vitamin C has many health benefits. It contains antioxidants that boost your immune system, prevent developing complications from the common cold, help lower high blood pressure, lower your risk for a stroke and improve the absorption of iron to keep you from becoming anemic.
The Vitamin C Capsule Buying Guide
- If you have a hard time swallowing large pills, look for some medium-sized or small vitamin C capsule.
- Store your vitamin C supplement in a cool dry location that is out of the reach of children and pets.
- It’s important for women who are pregnant or nursing to consult their doctors before taking any supplements, including vitamin C.
- If you currently take any medications or have any known health issues, you’ll also need to check with your family physician before you add a vitamin C supplement to your daily vitamin regimen.
- The FDA is not required to evaluate any health claims made by the companies who manufacture vitamin C supplements.
- Consider going with a company that offers a satisfaction guarantee. This way you can take the vitamin C supplement for a month or two to determine whether it’s working for your body. If not, you’ll be able to get your money back.
- You can’t simply look at the price when comparing vitamin C capsules. You need to consider the number of servings you get with each bottle. When you divide the price by the number of servings, you’ll find the most affordable.