NutraChamps Collagen Peptides Powder
Last updated date: June 11, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Collagen Peptide Powders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Collagen Peptide Powder you should buy.
Thanks to the incorporation of digestive enzymes. the NutraChamps Collagen Peptides Powder is easily absorbed and broken down after consumption. Since the powder is unflavored, you can add it to just about any smoothie, coffee or other tasty beverage. As an added benefit, the powder is enhanced with vitamin C for better health. In our analysis of 23 expert reviews, the NutraChamps NutraChamps Collagen Peptides Powder placed 6th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 11, 2020:
Checkout The Best Collagen Peptide Powder for a detailed review of all the top collagen peptide powders.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
nutrachamps collagen logo The secret to getting the most out of collagen is in its absorption. To put it simply — taking a collagen powder without the right digestive enzymes and double hydrolyzed process just won't get you the complete results you’re looking for. As one of the most integral factors in getting the most out of your collagen powder, absorption is not something you can afford to overlook. But when it comes to absorption, other collagen powders just fall short. Without sufficient enzymes and hydrolysis, your body is unable to unlock the maximum power of collagen. And that's where NutraChamps stepped in to do things differently. On your search for the perfect collagen, choose a powder that includes two critical features: The vital digestive enzymes your body needs to break down and properly utilize these proteins. Double hydrolyzed collagen - a process which breaks up the proteins into smaller pieces to be easily absorbed and used properly by your body. NutraChamps has you covered — This premium double-hydrolyzed collagen powder features a clinically proven Digestive Enzyme Collagen Absorption Blend specifically developed to maximize collagen intake, benefits, and help your body get the most out of this nourishing protein. Don't settle for a basic collagen that lacks the necessary ingredients any longer. With NutraChamps’ premium double-hydrolyzed and enzyme-enhanced formula, you’ll start reaping the complete rewards that collagen provides today. collagen powder double hydrolyzed collagen powder with vitamin c collagen peptides powder supplement bovine peptides collagen powder (These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.) collagen Not all collagen powders are created equal. Aside from absorption, make sure to watch out for clumpy "powders" that don't properly dissolve. With NutraChamps, you're in good hands with a highly soluble, smooth powder that dissolves instantly. This unflavored collagen is tasteless and odorless, so whether it’s hot or cold liquids, foods, or a variety of recipes, you’ll LOVE how quickly and easily it mixes, adding a convenient protein boost to your day. Get ready to join the thousands of happy customers that have made our collagen a part of their daily routine. Simply add a scoop or two and enjoy - we know you will!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Collagen Peptide Powders
Collagen is an important protein found within the human body. It has a host of benefits and can be found in many different parts of the body, including your muscles, skin, tendons, bones and blood vessels. It’s also essential for good digestive health. If you’re on the hunt for the best collagen peptide powder, read this helpful guide before you buy.
Examine the collagen peptide powder supplement’s product label to determine its quality. For example, some powders have a lab test verification, a good manufacturing practice certification and a grass-fed, pasture-raised cattle stamp to show the cattle were never given antibiotics or hormones. The Sports Research Unflavored Collagen Peptides Powder is third-party certified and non-GMO verified.
Make sure the collagen powder works with your current diet. Unfortunately, most collagen powders are derived from bovine sources, which means they aren’t vegan or vegetarian-friendly. The New Zealand Collagen Peptides Powder, however, does work with paleo diets and it’s certified kosher. Individuals following a gluten-free diet can also use this brand, as well as anyone who’s staying away from GMOs and products that have been exposed to pesticides.
Check to see if the powder is flavored, as this may affect the taste of the drink or dish you add it to. The Orgain Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides Protein Powder is unflavored and will dissolve in both cold and hot beverages. It’s also free of sugar, so it won’t sweeten your smoothies or beverages or interfere with your current diet plan. If you don’t want to add the powder to a drink, you can mix it in with a side dish instead, like mashed potatoes or applesauce.
Look for any extra nutrition that the collagen supplement may have to offer. The BioSchwartz Collagen Peptides Protein Powder, for example, has 18 amino acids, which is 10 more than most of the other brands on the market. Other brands have included vitamin C in their formulas, which is excellent for boosting your immunity during cold and flu season. You’ll even find a few companies use a digestive enzyme blend in their collagen powders to aid in breaking down the powder so it can be quickly absorbed by the body.
DWYM Fun Fact
Collagen is a protein that is naturally found in the body. It contributes to the health of the body’s hair, skin, nails, joints and bones. As you get older, your body begins to produce less collagen on its own. When this happens, you can increase your intake of collagen-rich foods or add a collagen supplement to your diet.
The following foods are best for individuals who need to boost their collagen levels:
- Wild fish with the skin attached
- Bone broth
- Egg whites
If you opt to add a collagen supplement to your diet instead, you’ll find most of them are made from collagen peptides. These are derived mainly from bovine, marine or porcine and contain at least 90% protein. They also have important amino acids that aid the body in absorbing the supplement.
So what benefits do collagen peptide supplements offer? For starters, they renew and repair your skin cells and help keep them firm. They reduce stiffness and swollen joints, which in turn relieves pain when walking. Collagen peptides are also essential for good gut health. They heal your gut’s lining and help your intestines absorb water. Additional benefits of taking a collagen peptide supplement include an increase in your metabolism, stronger teeth and better cardiovascular health.
The Collagen Peptide Powder Buying Guide
- Always review the collagen peptide powder supplement label, as some may contain eggs, shellfish or nuts that could cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
- Some collagen supplements state that you must wait up to two months to see results. This means you may need to purchase the supplement more than once before you can definitively say that it does or does not work.
- Not all of the collagen peptide powders dissolve easily in cold drinks. You’ll need to use hot liquids, like coffee or tea, to break up the powder for consumption. If you prefer a cold drink, you can always add ice cubes to cool your drink down after you’ve dissolved the powder.
- Always store the collagen peptide powder in a cool dry location. Moisture-rich environments may cause the powder to clump or spoil before the expiration date listed on the product label.
- Place the collagen supplement up high if you have children or pets in the home. Even though the product is all-natural, it may still be harmful if not taken properly.
- Make an appointment with your family physician to review the collagen peptide powder nutrition and ingredient label to ensure it is safe for you to take. This is especially important if you take any other medications that may interact negatively with the supplement.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers will also need to consult with their OB/GYN before taking a collagen peptide powder.
- Keep in mind that dietary supplements are not required to be evaluated by the federal government, so the health claims made by the manufacturer may not have been tested.
- Consider supporting a collagen manufacturer that gives back. For example, one company donates a portion of each sale to the non-profit organization Vitamin Angels. This organization supplies important nutrients to mothers and children in need.
- As you review the price for collagen peptide supplements, you need to determine the cost per serving. To do this, simply divide the price of the product by the number of servings. You’ll find the Orgain Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides Protein Powder and the BioSchwartz Collagen Peptides Protein Powder are the cheapest with the New Zealand Collagen Peptides Powder falling in the middle. On the higher end of the price scale is the Sports Research Unflavored Collagen Peptides Powder.