nuLOOM Home Morrissey Grey Table Lamp, 25-Inch
Last updated date: October 28, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Table Lamps and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Table Lamp you should buy.
Editor's Note February 16, 2021:
Checkout The Best Table Lamp for a detailed review of all the top table lamps.
In our analysis of 10 expert reviews, the nuLOOM nuLOOM Home Morrissey Grey Table Lamp, 25-Inch placed 20th when we looked at the top 20 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Embrace modern artistry with this table lamp. Keeping in tune with its modern design, it has a lamp cord with an On-Off switch. To be used with a maximum 100-watt lightbulb. Light bulb not included.
Expert Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Table Lamps
Those of us who spend a lot of time at home barely even notice our table lamps, and that’s a good thing. The last thing we want is a lamp that surprises us with a burned-out bulb, an easily toppled lamp structure or a light switch that sticks. Generally, we want a light that works and stays out of the way.
That’s not to say that it has to be invisible or ugly. A table lamp that fits in with the decor can brighten up a workspace or room in more ways than one. Finding one that’s right for your situation can be fun, but it’ll save you headaches to look at the boring specs first.
Foremost among these is the size of your lamp. Do you have a small table? You’ll probably want a compact lamp, as well. (Although if it’s so small that every bit of surface area counts, you may want to consider a standing floor lamp instead.)
Bigger tables, of course, give you a little more leeway. But it’s also important to consider the size of your actual space. In the home office, for example, if most of your work is confined to a laptop screen, you really just need illumination in that small area. But if you’re using a larger area, make sure your lamp stands a little taller so that it can throw light in a wide arc. Of course, many modern table lamps have a swivel head or points of articulation in the neck that let you adjust the height and location of the light. This can be a big help if you’re switching areas often.
Many table lamps might advertise their high-powered bulbs, throwing around lumen numbers into the thousands. Just remember that we’re talking about a table lamp, not a ceiling light. Not many tables are large enough to need a high-wattage light, and 10W or so should be more than sufficient in most places. A rustic retro lamp or stylish industrial model can add a great visual touch to any room, and the added functionality as an accent light can give it lots of versatility as an interior design element.
Finally, there’s the matter of the lamp itself. What sort of bulb should you have in it? Most table lamps these days go with an LED bulb. For the most part, you should, too: They last about 50 times longer than a typical incandescent bulb, which is not only great for the environment but key for your work routine.
The Table Lamp Buying Guide
- Modern lamps want to do a lot more than just light up your table. There’s an increasing number of lamps on the marketplace that serve as miniature technology hubs. There are desk lamps that incorporate charging stations for your cell phone or smartwatch, some with wireless charging capability. There are even lamps that double as a Bluetooth speaker. This can be a great asset if you’re on a small desk where space is at a premium.
- Older eyes need a little more care, and that’s especially important when you’re working close to a light source for extended periods of time. If your eyes are sensitive to glare, get a lamp with a high CRI (Color Rendering Index) or adjustable brightness that you can tweak at different times of the day.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide