Nuby Ice Gel BPA Free Teething Toy
Last updated date: May 18, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top BPA Free Teething Toys and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best BPA Free Teething Toy you should buy.
In our analysis of 97 expert reviews, the Nuby Nuby Ice Gel BPA Free Teething Toy placed 1st when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note March 19, 2020:
Checkout The Best BPA Free Teething Toy for a detailed review of all the top bpa free teething toys.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Nuby Ice Gel Teether Keys Nuby Ice Gel Teether Keys contains nontoxic purIce gel that lets it stay cool for a long time. Its cool textured surface soothes and stimulates sore gums. The teething nubs can help massage tender gums. The bright colorful shapes stimulate your baby visually and also help with eye-hand coordination. Age: 3 months and up Features Helps in eye hand coordination Bright and colorful shapes Teething nubs help massage tender gums Textured surface soothes and stimulates sore gums Contains nontoxic purIce gel Stays cool for long time Durable Product. For sore gums, the cool resilient bottom part of the "keys" soothes and stimulates safely
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On BPA Free Teething Toys
BPA is short for bisphenol A, which is a toxic chemical that can disrupt the function of your cells. Since it can leak from the product it is used in, it is important that parents opt for a BPA-free teething toy. Otherwise, the chemical may enter your baby’s system as he or she chews on the toy.
Once you learn the teething to is free of BPA, you’ll want to check that it is easy for your baby to hold. For example, the Nuby Teethe-eez Silicone Teether With Case has a ring on the bottom that babies can wrap their fingers around.
Look at the texture of the teething toy next. The Bumkins Nintendo Textured Silicone Teether is made from a soft silicone that resists bacteria. In addition to that, the teether has little bumps underneath that work to massage baby’s gums to relieve pressure and pain.
Check to see whether the BPA-free teething toy is safe for placing in a refrigerator or freezer, as the cool temperature will feel great against sore gums. The RaZbaby Hands-Free Textured Silicone Teether is one such model. It’s also designed to be used just like a pacifier, which your little one is most likely already familiar with.
You may also want to choose a teething toy based on cuteness or your baby’s interests. The Tinabless Natural Silicone Giraffe Teether is an excellent toy for children who enjoy animals and bright colors. After the baby’s teeth have finally arrived, the baby can continue to play with it as a toy.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that your teeth actually begin to form before birth? Here are a few more interesting facts about teeth:
- An impression of your teeth can be used for identification, as every person’s bite is different.
- When you smile, only 2/3 of your tooth is visible. Your tooth extends another 1/3 under the gums.
- Some of the first toothbrushes made used cow hairs to form the bristles.
- Primary teeth are sometimes referred to as milk teeth.
- Although children begin teething at different times, they should have their full set of 20 primary teeth by age 3.
The BPA Free Teething Toy Buying Guide
- It is important for parents to always supervise their babies when giving them BPA-free teething toys. Many have parts that can come off and become a potential choking hazard.
- Review the BPA-free teething toy’s cleaning instructions. Some may only be safe to wash by hand, while others can be boiled or placed on the top rack of a dishwasher.
- Other ways to help relieve your baby’s pain during teething include allowing him or her to chew on a cold wet washcloth, providing the little one with a teething biscuit or massaging baby’s gums with your finger.
- Look for any guarantees or product warranties that protect your purchase. You’ll find that some BPA-free teething toys come with 100% money back guarantees, which means you can request a refund if the product is defective or doesn’t live up to your expectations.
- Design is the biggest factor in the overall price of a BPA-free teething toy. You’ll find simpler designs, like the Nuby Teethe-eez Silicone Teether With Case and the RaZbaby Hands-Free Textured Silicone Teether cost much less than sophisticated designs, such as the Bumkins Nintendo Textured Silicone Teether and the Tinabless Natural Silicone Giraffe Teether.