NOUHAUS Swivel Massage Chair & Foot Rest
Last updated date: November 17, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as March 31, 2022:
Checkout The Best Massage Chair for a detailed review of all the top .
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the NOUHAUS Swivel Massage Chair & Foot Rest placed 10th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
RELAX, TOP TO BOTTOM! With its total spine I-Track Rollers, Adjustable Placement Hip-Massage Airbags and Full Body Heating, the N-0001 Nouchair melts tension from your neck, all the way to your hips and buttocks! And unlike a bulky massaging chair, this compact one comes in 3 fun retro colors with matching ottomans to fitting your body and your life! THE MASSAGE YOU CRAVE: The N-0001 Massage Chair starts with a neck massage and gives 35 kneads per minute, finishing down at your glutes to relieve sciatica, pain and lower back tension. 3x Airbags gently massage your hips, while the heating pad warms and soothes. Set it to full body massager or spot glute or back massage and take a tiny holiday. HEIGHT AND SIZE: It has a slight incline, but is not a recliner chair. That won’t bother you of course, because we include a matching ottoman for you to stretch out in comfort. The N-0001 sits 18” off the ground, is 67.7lbs with dimensions of 37 x 27.6 x 42.9 inches. Weight Capacity is 260lbs with an inside hip width of 40”. Only minimal assembly required. COMPACT: With its half dome design and 5 Point Base Nouchair puts style back into the chair massager. Available in Orange, Burgundy and Brown – a great choice for retro or mid-century modern inspired décor. Fabric is PU Leather with luxury Diamond Cut Stitching. Even with the massage off, everyone agrees it’s a comfortable chair to have around. TRY RISK FREE FOR 30-DAYS: You’ll also relax knowing that Nouchair is ready for you to try now with our special money back guarantee. Love it for the style as much as how it feels, or we’ll refund every cent. And when you decide it’s your new ‘forever chair’ you’ll also get our 3-Year Warranty and fast Customer Service. Now, where will you put YOUR Nouchair?
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
When you want to alleviate stress or ease the pain of aching muscles in the comfort of your home, there’s nothing more convenient than a massage chair, which mimics the motions and techniques of a massage therapist. There are tons of massage chair styles to consider, from poufy recliners with built-in vibration features to futuristic-looking options outfitted with dozens of massaging features.
How do massage chairs work? The products have evolved substantially since their invention in the late 1940s, from the usage of a crank-wheel system to move massage rollers to the addition of electricity-controlled rollers that automatically power the massage wheels.
The earliest electric models used 1D systems that dragged rollers up and down a person’s back, but modern models offer 3D systems, with modes and rollers that press into your muscles. Some chairs now also have compact airbags or cells that inflate to apply pressure to your arms, legs and feet. Other common features include vibration, Bluetooth capabilities, and heated seats and backrests. But all are controlled by some sort of computer-assisted system via a remote that allows you to adjust the settings to your liking.
Like shopping for other types of furniture, choosing a massage chair for your home depends on your needs and style preferences. Do you want a massage chair that looks like a massage chair? Or would you prefer one that’s disguised as a recliner and blends in with the other furniture in your home?
Other things to consider include price (chairs that have simple vibrating massage modes are more affordable than ones with multiple rollers and airbag massagers), the amount of space you have (some can be over 70 inches long when reclined), and what you plan to use it for. When considering the latter point, if you’re just looking for a TV or reading chair — rather than a muscle pain- or stress-relieving device — a less-complex, more affordable model may do.
The Buying Guide
- Swedish and shiatsu are two massage therapy techniques commonly used in massage chairs. Shiatsu aims to release tension in specific pressure points on the body using pressing, rotating and sweeping movements. And the goal of the Swedish variety is to improve circulation using kneading motions and gliding strokes.
- Some massage chairs arrive in multiple shipping boxes, so make sure you know how many will be arriving to ensure you have all of your parts.
- Before purchasing a massage chair, consider the height of those who will be using it and the product’s capacity. For example, some chairs aren’t designed to be used by individuals over 5 feet 10 inches tall, while others can accommodate those up to 6.5 feet tall.
- Where you plan to keep your chair is another factor to consider before purchasing. The products vary greatly in size and weight, ranging from 45 pounds to over 160 pounds, so consider a lighter option if you plan to move it around frequently.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide