Norpro Egg Perfect Adjustable Kitchen Timer
Last updated date: July 12, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kitchen Timers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kitchen Timer you should buy.
Update as July 12, 2022:
Checkout The Best Kitchen Timer for a detailed review of all the top kitchen timers.
This kitchen timer is specifically designed to let you know when you're eggs have reached perfection. The timer is egg-shaped and has settings for hard, medium and soft boiled. Simply place the timer in the pot with the eggs and glance back to check the indicator, so you can remove the eggs once they reach your desired level of doneness.
In our analysis of 75 expert reviews, the Norpro Egg Perfect Adjustable Kitchen Timer placed 11th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Measures: 2.25″ x 1.75″ x 1.25″ / 5.5cm x 4.5cm x 3cm This egg timer will take the guess work out of boiling eggs! As the timer heats up, the red face changes color, indicating soft, medium, hard and stages in between, absorbing heat exactly as an egg does. The result is the perfect boiled egg! Place the eggs in a single layer at the bottom of a pan. Cover with at least an inch or two of room temperature water. Egg timer darkens as eggs cook. Calculates cooking stages precisely by temperature, not loosely by time. Adjusts to the number of eggs and level of water in the pan. Helpful tip: When done, remove pan immediately from the heat and rinse eggs in cold water, producing tender, not rubbery eggs and minimizes cracking. Hand wash for best results. Norpro was founded in 1973 with a vision to design, manufacture, and supply the highest caliber kitchenware. Norpro’s offering of innovative, high quality product for cooking, preparing and serving food are produced with superior materials and craftsmanship.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kitchen Timers
Whether you’re making a complex recipe with highly involved steps or boiling an egg for the first time, a good kitchen timer can make your life much easier. In cooking and baking, timing can be critical. If you wait an extra 30 seconds, your soft-boiled egg may develop a texture you don’t want. If you take your brownies out of the oven too early, the batter may not have finished cooking.
The thing is, your kitchen likely already has a number of timers. Most ovens and microwaves come with built-in cooking timers, which can be handy for simple recipes. Plus, your smartphone has a clock and timer in it as well, so you can take it with you around the house while waiting for your food to cook.
However, a good kitchen timer is often far more exact than an oven, microwave or smartphone clock because it is made specifically for timing food. Precision is a key quality of kitchen timers; you want to make sure when you set it for one minute, it will beep at that time and not dock a few vital extra seconds.
One of the key features many kitchen timers have (that most microwave and oven clocks don’t) is that they can either count up to higher numbers or down to zero. Depending on your personal preference, you may want to use a particular setting for a specific recipe — and a kitchen timer provides that freedom.
Some kitchen timers also come with multiple timers, so you can set one for each of the dishes you’re making without having to use separate devices. If you’re a prolific cook, this is a must-have feature.
If you’re busy around the kitchen, you may prefer a kitchen timer that is magnetic and can stick to metal surfaces. Or perhaps you’d like a kitchen timer on a special stand that allows you to see the display screen from wherever you are.
And if you aren’t very tech-savvy, a simple kitchen timer can provide the needed features without you having to learn the complexities of the oven or microwave clock first. Bonus!
The Kitchen Timer Buying Guide
- One of the most important aspects to consider when selecting a kitchen timer is to make sure it can do what you need it to do. Some cooks want to be able to count both up and down, while others want to ensure that the timer can time multiple dishes at once. Some models count up and down. Other models come with three separate timers, which can be used to time one long-cooking food item or keep track of three separate recipes at once.
- For many cooks, having a large, clear display screen is important. This enables you to see how much time is left on a recipe when you’re working on another dish on the other side of the kitchen. The Antonki 2-Pack Digital Kitchen Timer have large screens that exhibit clear digits and can be read from far away. Models that display all three times at once may have larger displays, but the numbers will be much smaller.
- If you’re concerned about missing the alarm ringing, you’ll want to make sure that your kitchen timer comes with a high volume setting. That way, you’ll be able to hear it from another room or over the noise of the blender. Some models have a loud alarm, while models with three timers offer different sounds for each timer.
- Affordability is a key deciding factor for many cooks. The Antonki 2-Pack Digital Kitchen Timer is a low-cost option, while the Time Timer Silent Silicone MOD Timer is magnetic and therefore commands a higher price.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide