Norpro Clear Mess-Free Acrylic Cookbook Stand
Last updated: October 27, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cookbook Stands and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cookbook Stand you should buy.
In our analysis of 51 expert reviews, the Norpro Clear Mess-Free Acrylic Cookbook Stand placed 12th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Save your counter space for cooking! This sleek design allows for more room on your counter, giving you a clear view of your recipe without taking up a lot of counter space! Holds your favorite cookbooks, iPad or tablet for easy viewing while you cook. Protects your pages and iPad or tablet from spills, splatters and messy fingers! Made of durable acrylic. Wipe down with a damp cloth.
What experts liked
Cookbook Stand Rankings
A cookbook stand is a useful kitchen tool that is ideal for both novice cooks and seasoned chefs. If you prefer using cookbooks to digital recipes, a cookbook stand can make the task easier, cleaner and more enjoyable. Cookbook stands are designed to hold your book up in a semi-vertical position, while staying open on the pages you are using. This makes it much easier to see the recipe while you’re busy prepping ingredients.
The reasons for using a cookbook stand are compelling. When you’re working in the kitchen, it’s likely that your hands are covered in gunk. Whether you’re chopping vegetables or seasoning meat, it’s easy to have food waste all over your hands. Big and chunky cookbooks contain a lot of intriguing recipes. However, they often don’t stay open to the page you want unless you crack the spine of the book. Often, the pages may flip on their own if left open on the kitchen counter. Instead of having to wash and dry your hands before you touch your cookbook, a stand keeps it open to exactly where you need it. This way, you can see the information you want without having to soil the pages of your cookbook.
The angle at which cookbook stands hold open your book makes it easy to quickly scan the pages from a distance. The stand keeps the book upright so you don’t need to walk over to the counter and bend your neck to read the recipe. Plus, many cookbook stands bring a unique aesthetic to your kitchen. You can match them to your décor or use them as an accent piece with a pop of color.
- When you’re looking for the perfect cookbook stand for your kitchen, consider the size of the recipe books you most often use. Make sure that the stand can accommodate the largest and heaviest book in your collection. If you frequently also look at recipes on your tablet or phone, you can check to see if the cookbook stand will hold those up as well.
- The durability of the cookbook stand will depend on the materials it’s mad of. For the best results, opt for wood or a reinforced metal. These will not only be stable choices, but should not deteriorate over time.
- Cookbook stands can also add style to your kitchen, in addition to being functional products. Consider your kitchen décor and decide what kind of cookbook stand will work for you. If you have a casual or rustic look, a wooden cookbook stand might fit in well with your décor. If your style is more elegant and formal, a decorative cast iron cookbook stand may be best. For those with a more modern or contemporary vibe, opt for a cookbook stand that adds some color to your kitchen counter.
- Look for a cookbook stand that has different reading angles. These adjustments provide you with the flexibility to customize your stand to your reading level. This way, you can maintain the proper posture and read the recipe easily, without having to hunch over or bend down to see the pages.
- For those that plan to travel with their cookbook stand, such as to the library or to a friend’s house to cook a meal, consider the weight and portability of the product. Opt for one that is lightweight and small enough to easily fit into a bag.