Norpro 5121 Deluxe Automatic Feed Cherry Pitter
Last updated date: December 31, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cherry Pitters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cherry Pitter you should buy.
Update as December 31, 2020:
Checkout The Best Cherry Pitter for a detailed review of all the top cherry pitters.
Whether you need a large batch of cherries to bake a few pies or can for use in the winter, this cherry pitter has you covered. It's made using an automatic feed tray that quickly removes the pits without bruising the cherries. The entire unit is lightweight and easy to use; however, you will want to wash this cherry pitter by hand.
In our analysis of 68 expert reviews, the Norpro Deluxe Automatic Feed Cherry Pitter placed 5th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Ideal for canning, freezing, dehydrating and baking! Removes pits quickly without bruising or crushing cherries. No mess or wasted fruit. High vacuum suction base keeps unit in place during use. Complete with a sturdy spring-loaded plunger. Lightweight and easy to use. Disassembles for easy cleaning and storage. Instructions included. Hand washing recommended. Norpro was founded in 1973 with a vision to design, manufacture, and supply the highest caliber kitchenware. Norpro’s offering of innovative, high quality product for cooking, preparing and serving food are produced with superior materials and craftsmanship.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cherry Pitters
Whether you enjoy baking fresh cherry pies, creating your own homemade jam or preparing Shirley Temples to share with a few friends, you’ll want to invest in a cherry pitter. This handy kitchen tool does all the hard work for you, while also significantly cutting down your food prep time.
Before selecting a cherry pitter, you’ll need to determine how many cherries you typically use in a recipe. If you don’t bake that often or you only create dishes that call for a small number of cherries, then a simple single pitter will do. Avid bakers and canners, however, will want to opt for a model that can de-stone multiple cherries at a time.
Most cherry pitters are manual. Some require more pressure than others to operate. Individuals with arthritis or other types of joint pain will want to look for a cherry pitter like the Progressive Prepworks Cherry-It Cherry Pitter. This unit has a non-skin bottom to hold it in place. It also requires little effort to remove the pits from the cherries.
To reduce the amount of mess in your kitchen, you may want to go with a cherry pitter that has a splatter guard. Otherwise, some juice may squirt out from the cherry as the inner prongs dislodge the pit. The OXO Good Grips Cherry & Olive Pitter is one model that offers this protection.
Another important feature to keep an eye out for is a removable base that catches the pits as they are released from the cherry pitter. For example, the Ordekcity Dishwasher Safe Cherry Pitter has a large container attached to the pitter. After you’ve finished removing the pits from your cherries, you can release the container and empty it into a trash can.
Individuals who live in a small apartment or have limited storage would do well with a compact cherry pitter. The pitter may even come in a decorative box that would make it a great housewarming gift.
The Cherry Pitter Buying Guide
- If your cherry pitter doesn’t have a splash guard, you’ll need to hold it over a bowl or kitchen sink. It’s also advisable that you not wear white, as any juice that gets on your clothes can leave a stain.
- It is important to note that cherry pitters made using white plastic can become stained by the red cherry juice.
- Store pitters with sharp shears away from the reach of small children.
- Some chutes are too low for use with tall bowls.
- Take a look at the cherry pitter’s chute and choose one based on the size of the cherries you typically buy, as large cherries and olives can get stuck in a small chute, while small cherries fall right through large chutes.
- Review the product label to determine who to best clean the cherry pitter. While some are dishwasher safe, others must be hand washed using dish soap and water.
- Both the construction material and the number of cherries a cherry pitter can handle at one time affect the overall price of a stoner. Since the Progressive Prepworks Cherry-It Cherry Pitter is made out of plastic, it costs a bit less than the OXO Good Grips Cherry & Olive Pitter, which is made out of iron. You’ll find the units that remove multiple pits at once tend to have similar prices.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide