Nordic Ware Grand Popover Pan, 6-Cavity
Last updated date: August 12, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Popover Pans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Popover Pan you should buy.
Update as August 12, 2021:
Checkout The Best Popover Pans for a detailed review of all the top popover pans.
This cast aluminum popover pan is extremely durable. It provides even heating for consistent results. The pan has a non-stick coating for easy cleanup.
In our analysis of 27 expert reviews, the Nordic Ware Grand Popover Pan, 6-Cavity placed 4th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Nordic Ware Grand Popover Pan makes six tasty popovers at a time. The cast aluminum bakeware provides fine details and superior baking performance. The heat reflective exteriors allows for uniform browning so as to enhance the unique design. Bake mouth watering 3/4 cup popovers and over-sized muffins. Also perfect for crown muffins, yorkshire pudding, and molded desserts. Our center heat vents allow hot air to surround the popover for even cooking. Heavy cast aluminum assures it will not warp and provides long-lasting service. Non-stick finish for easy cleaning. Limited lifetime warranty. Proudly made in the USA by Nordic Ware.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Popover Pans
Do you long to make delicious, fluffy, bakery-quality popovers at home? These delicate goodies require perfect conditions in order to pop and puff up into airy delights. With the right popover pan, you can create these yummy, glutenous sides that are a crusty golden brown on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside.
Typically, popover pans have individual cups, much like a muffin tin. However, the cups are usually smaller and deeper than those in a muffin tin.
To get the best crust on your popovers, you’ll want a pan that is made from dark metal. Silicone popover pans may not conduct heat as effectively as metal, though they can make it easy to remove popovers from the pan.
Many popover pans are made from non-stick metal. While this certainly makes it easier to clean the tray after use, it’s still better to grease the tin, even if it is made from a non-stick material. Popovers cook on a high heat, and this temperature can sometimes affect the longevity of the non-stick coating.
The Popover Pan Buying Guide
- The slots in popover pans are much deeper than those in regular baking trays for cupcakes or muffins. In addition, once the popover rises, it exceeds the top of the tray to gain further height. This means that before you turn on the oven, you should remove any racks that will get in the way of the popover rising to its full height. You may need to remove the top rack so that the tray can sit on the bottom rack. This way, there will be plenty of room for the popovers to rise.
- Popover pans come in different sizes with varying numbers of cups. You can find pans with between six and 24 wells, so consider how many you will be making at one time.
- Although the wells of a popover pan are a different shape than a traditional muffin tin, you can still use these pans for making muffins. Popover pans are also great for Yorkshire puddings and cupcakes.
- To clean a popover pan, use a paper towel to wipe off any stuck-on batter. Then, wash it with a mild soap and water. Some popover pans are dishwasher-safe, but you’ll want to check the care instructions before putting a popover pan in the dishwasher.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide